GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Are you born gay or do you 'acquire' it?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 31/03/04 at 23:32
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I heard two people talking about this the other night, and was wondering what you guys thought. Is being gay in your DNA, or is it 'acquired' through your life?

So yeh, enlighten me...
Page:
Thu 20/05/04 at 16:22
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I find this hard to answer. Personally i dont think it has anything to do with DNA. I just think it goes on feelings, and who you feel more comfortable with. Most assume it should be man and woman. I dont think man and woman can be called "normal" because what is "normal.

I wouldnt say attraction either. i find many people attractive male and female but wouldnt have a relationship with them.

I have gay friends and i came straight out and asked them why?

They replied, they could relate more to each other they felt comfortable around each other, more then they did a female and they both hated shopping.

No matter how many gay people i spoke to they said different things but "feeling comfortable" is what came up the most.

Just like i feel more comfortable being with a male.
Thu 20/05/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
H²O wrote:

> And when you start producing hormones, if they are normal you
> will find your self attracted to the oposite sex. But if they happen
> to do something a bit wrong, then you find your self attracted to the
> same sex. A bit gay.
>
> So i think you only become gay if your hormones go wrong. And you
> only actaully realise this when you understand what gay is.
> But from the age of around 10 you start to go gay, then at abut 14
> you are gay (if you've gone that way)..

So you are saying that all hormones go 'wrong' when you reach 10 years of age and they can either right themselves so you will be 'normal' by the time you reach 14 or they stay wrong and you are then 'gay'.

What then is the theory for people who like to play with both sexes?
Thu 20/05/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Forest Fan wrote:
> The media? The media today is telling straight people, that they are
> the ones with the problem.Erm, no, not at all. How exactly? The media is telling us homosexuality is
> not a sin it's only a sin to youand your ilk, it's not a sickness and we are the ones who have to accept
> them. isn't progress wonderful, hell, only a few years ago there were no women priests Most soaps and dramas now have homosexuality included in the
> storylines as they try to mirror real life, and no matter how much you wish there wasn't, gay people do in fact exist and often the 'moral' it is trying to teach is that we
> should accept homosexuality yes, tollerance, open mindedness. Isn't progress and accepting our fellow man / woman as they are, great?.
Thu 20/05/04 at 12:32
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Sibs wrote:
> "Are you
> born straight or do you 'acquire' it through a healthy diet of media
> indoctrination?"...

The media? The media today is telling straight people, that they are the ones with the problem. The media is telling us homosexuality is not a sin, it's not a sickness and we are the ones who have to accept them. Most soaps and dramas now have homosexuality included in the storylines and often the 'moral' it is trying to teach is that we should accept homosexuality.
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Archangel wrote:
> 'Even as the beginning of the flood year was
> characterized by supernatural intervention, so also the end of the
> flood was brought about by a stupendous miracle of God.

*Thank you* FINALLY

Instead of in the future trying to argue faith against science, simply state "God did it" instead of relying on increasingly shaky science ala answersingenisis, that only uses loosely supporting evidence and simply disregards all the evidence that proves biblical theories wrong.

Faith and scientific fact are not mutual bedfellows.
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Sexuality is a progressive stage of human nature, and doesnt kick in about 12, however i'm sure most of the boys on here will admit to noticing the girls a bit earlier than that, that is to do with nuture that you realise that there is a something between men and women more than being friends, its curiosity, boys seek someone to dominate and the girls look for someone to take care of them, thats why they drift together before sexuality comes into it.
Thu 20/05/04 at 11:08
Regular
"What? Me worry?"
1. The gathering of animals for the ark: (have to use the Bible here) God gathered the animals, not Noah. How did man and beast get along on the ark? Wonderfully, I suppose. Man and animal weren't afraid of each other then. Genesis 9 says that dread came on after Noah, family and animals disembarked. "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moves upon the earth, and upon all fishes of the sea; into your hand they are delivered."

2. "Where did all the flood waters go? Hebrew scholar John Whitcomb writes: 'Even as the beginning of the flood year was characterized by supernatural intervention, so also the end of the flood was brought about by a stupendous miracle of God. Apart from this, the waters would have covered the earth forever, and all terrestrial-like would soon have come to an end.
'Since the breaking up of the fountains of the great deep involved the uplift of ocean floors (Genesis 7:11), the stopping of these *fountains* must refer to a reversal of this action (Genesis 8:2), whereby new and much deeper ocean basins were formed to serve as vast reservoirs for the two oceans which were separated from each other by the atmospheric expanse before the flood (Genesis 1:7). A natural result of this subsidence was that *the waters returned from off the face of the earth continually* permitting continents to emerge from the oceans again, as they had done on the third day of creation. (The World That Perished)
(excerpt from Willmington's Guide to the Bible, pages 30-31)
Wed 19/05/04 at 23:51
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
H²O wrote:
> and run away in to the distance

You'd be a bloody talented kid if you did.

> So i think you only become gay if your hormones go wrong.

Oh dear, oh dear.
Oh dear.
Wed 19/05/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I think you are born without any sexuality at all. What i mean by this is that you only start 'loving' people when you start producing hormones.
Because at the age of 2 you dont really fall in love with the girl next door and run away in to the distance holding hands. As such. You just dont think about it.

And when you start producing hormones, if they are normal you will find your self attracted to the oposite sex. But if they happen to do something a bit wrong, then you find your self attracted to the same sex. A bit gay.

So i think you only become gay if your hormones go wrong. And you only actaully realise this when you understand what gay is.
But from the age of around 10 you start to go gay, then at abut 14 you are gay (if you've gone that way)..
Wed 19/05/04 at 21:32
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Not that I have read the previous 600 or so replies to this topic thus far, but I think a more interesting question would be "Are you born straight or do you 'acquire' it through a healthy diet of media indoctrination?"...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.