GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your top 10 Apps"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/03/04 at 11:09
Regular
Well, I figured this forum needed a bit of a boost, it seems to be turning into a support forum more then a chat one! Anyway, i'm interested to know what your top 10 appplications are, what applications make your computing life easier/more interesting?

I'll start, just list anything you like, afterall this could turn out to be quite a decent thread for getting "Program reccomendations".

1. Mozilla Firefox - Probably the most advanced web browser ever, fast and easy to use. Excellent!
2. MSN Messenger - I cannot live without this, I have to communicate with people, and this seems the best way to do so.
3. mIRC - For those "file" getting needs (totally legal, yup).....
4. Winamp - This is probably the best multimedia playing app I have seen, it's fast and easy, and very very versatile. Highly reccomended as an alternative to WMP.
5. Nero - Awesome CD Burner, has lots of features.
6. AVG Antivirus - Seeing as I have a Windows system, it's best I keep myself protected, and this beast of a checker does exactly what it says on the tin.
7. Kazaa Lite - Obviously to get music from those budding underground artists....
8. Dev C++ - For my C programming requirements, this program is apt enough.
9. WinRAR - I have to do a lot of copmpression, and this beast of a compresser is excellent for my needs!
10. ExpressPCB - Excellent little Circuit Designer.
Tue 30/03/04 at 11:35
Regular
It's basically just burning software, but you can create ISO's, then run then off a 'virtual CD-Drive' without the need to burn to disc. There's a load of other features I haven't really used, too.

Check it out [URL]http://www.alcohol-software.com[/URL]. I haven't had it that long so couldn't really give you a full run-down on what it can do.
Tue 30/03/04 at 11:25
Regular
What does Alcohol do, may I ask?
Tue 30/03/04 at 11:22
Regular
I'll have to take a few of yours from you as I totally agree with some of your picks!

Here's mine, not necessarily in any order...

1. Mozilla Firefox - Only recently discovered the wonders of this beast. It is sooo much better than IE you wouldn't believe it! I know I didn't - until I tried it!

2. MSN Messenger - Excellent chat program which has become invaluable at times. I don't really use it much now, but I still keep it for its usefullness.

3. Kazaa Lite - I've never had the amount of problems that everyone else seems to get with this system. I like it.

4. WinRAR - Highly versatile compression program. Essential on any machine.

5. ZoneAlarm - Fantastic firewall program. I've noticed a considerable improvement in PC security since using this.

6. Alcohol - Excellent multi-purpose program. Muchly recommended.

7. Messenger Blocker - There are so many of these available, I just plucked one off Kazaa. Stops those annoying Win XP Spam popups that work outside of your browser. Nice.

8. StyleXP - Really cool program that completely changes your Windows XP look - from desktop to boot screen. Class.

9. AVG/McAfee - Both great antivirus programs. Far better than NAV I reckon.

10. FlashFXP - Top ftp-ing program. Try it!
Tue 30/03/04 at 11:09
Regular
Well, I figured this forum needed a bit of a boost, it seems to be turning into a support forum more then a chat one! Anyway, i'm interested to know what your top 10 appplications are, what applications make your computing life easier/more interesting?

I'll start, just list anything you like, afterall this could turn out to be quite a decent thread for getting "Program reccomendations".

1. Mozilla Firefox - Probably the most advanced web browser ever, fast and easy to use. Excellent!
2. MSN Messenger - I cannot live without this, I have to communicate with people, and this seems the best way to do so.
3. mIRC - For those "file" getting needs (totally legal, yup).....
4. Winamp - This is probably the best multimedia playing app I have seen, it's fast and easy, and very very versatile. Highly reccomended as an alternative to WMP.
5. Nero - Awesome CD Burner, has lots of features.
6. AVG Antivirus - Seeing as I have a Windows system, it's best I keep myself protected, and this beast of a checker does exactly what it says on the tin.
7. Kazaa Lite - Obviously to get music from those budding underground artists....
8. Dev C++ - For my C programming requirements, this program is apt enough.
9. WinRAR - I have to do a lot of copmpression, and this beast of a compresser is excellent for my needs!
10. ExpressPCB - Excellent little Circuit Designer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.