GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:42
Regular
HMV does occassional good bargains, but even rarer is that it is on something that is selling well or isn't about 10 years out of date

The best shop was a small music shop in Berlin, all the music was actually English and I managed to pick up 'Iron Maiden ~ Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son' for £2.50 !

The likelihood I'll ever be back there is about 0.001 though ...
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:36
Regular
"The definitive tag"
They do have their good moments every now and again. I picked up a Killswitch Engage album for about £7. The only time that it's worth buying from them is when they do a sale, usually get bargains.

I'm off to one tomorrow to get the new Meshuggah album (I think it's out). Will probably be an outrageous price.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I know, what the hell is the £20 price tag about? I bought a 7 track Slayer album for £18.99..

Best CD store I've ever been in is East Midlands airport, picked up Led Zeppelin IV, Iron Maidens Number of the Beast and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son for £16. Ace.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:26
Regular
Yeah, HMV is good for ordering you in obscure titles (better for DVDs) but I went off it completely due to the fact that they never have any stock in apart from Chart crap, the customer service is second to none - without the 'second to' and all the discs are man-handled by fat and greasy men who seem to coat them in scratches

Plus, nearly every CD costs about £20

I might have a flick though Amazon and eBay and then have a look at 'Total Music' in town, basically like a 'one man owned' store with a lot of choice for a lot less money
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:22
Regular
"Not a Jew"
[URL]http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=CD&title=616409[/URL]

Failing that HMV or a small "one man owned" type thing record store. I'd go for the latter, the former doesn't need your money and is expensive anyway.
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:19
Regular
Ah yes, War Pigs is another 'Sabbath classic. I always seem to forget the names of their stuff - shame on me

Does anyone know where I could pick up a copy of 'The Best Of Black Sabbath' on CD ? (legally - and not downloaded)
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:18
Regular
"Not a Jew"
What? The lyrics aren't screamed at all. And they are very good actually. War Pigs was supoib. I like Tony Iommi's cough on the weed smoke at the start of Sweet Leaf.
:)
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:17
Regular
No, I like quite a few Death Metal bands. It's just that some people can be offput from listening to a genuinely good song because it's labelled 'Death Metal'

And some people stereotype Black Sabbath as a cliched Death Metal band (if you're still following) - basically they claim that there's no good music and the lyrics are screaming, which is untrue.

I'm not implying that Death Metal is screeching, just that some people say 'Sabbath are and that could put you off listening to a genuinely good band - because people assume that Death Metal is screeching with no instruments.

So, yeah, listen to some 'Sabbath
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:14
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Lord Funk wrote:
> Well, I'd recommend most songs by Black Sabbath, they really are a
> Heavy Metal band, but with good lyrics, vocals and instrumentals to
> mean they aren't on the verge of certain shrieking Death Metal
> bands.

I realise you're probably not trying to get into a discussion about this, but are you implying that death metal bands can't have good lyrics, vocals and instruments?
Thu 26/05/05 at 20:03
Regular
Well, I'd recommend most songs by Black Sabbath, they really are a Heavy Metal band, but with good lyrics, vocals and instrumentals to mean they aren't on the verge of certain shrieking Death Metal bands.

I'd recommend Iron Man, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Paranoid if you haven't heard them.

Pantera are also one of those 'sure fire hit' bands and I know from previous discussions that many people seem to like them. One of my favourites is Drag The Water(s)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.