GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Sun 29/05/05 at 20:37
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Paradox: wrote:
> 11 days 'til download
>
> :-)

You utter b*tch.

As you may have guessed I cant go
Sun 29/05/05 at 16:46
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Paradox: wrote:
> 11 days 'til download

*insert "get broadband" gag here*

don't say anything... i'm leaving :)
Sun 29/05/05 at 16:40
Regular
"SOUP!"
11 days 'til download

:-)
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:49
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've just finished listening to it in it's entirety and I'm quite impressed.

It's very much like "I", but considerably longer. Follows a similar pattern of generally being heavy but not especially fast. Every now and again it goes off into some cleaner sounding guitar, then back to brutality.

I've found it hard to concentrate on the whole forty seven minutes so I might have missed something notable.
Fri 27/05/05 at 20:38
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
I was gonna get it but the idea of 8-string guitars just put me off. When you're tuned down that low (F#)you just cant hear whats going on, all the notes sound the same!! Is there any decent lead work/solos on there?
Fri 27/05/05 at 19:50
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Picked up Meshuggah's new album "Catch Thirty-Three" today. Basically it's one forty seven minute song divided into thirteen chapters. Haven't had chance to listen to the whole thing yet but what I have listened to is nice and brutal.

Worth getting if it's your type of thing.
Fri 27/05/05 at 14:26
Regular
"you've got a beard"
bass player has left the darkness hasn't he?

also, i know it's not STRICTLY metal, but i'm quite getting into Ultraviolence at the moment, that darkwave stuff pleases me. it's like dance music with some level of commitment to it.
Fri 27/05/05 at 12:05
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
RoJ wrote:
> Darkness? :(

Oh, didnt you know? They were the greatest band in the world!!!!......for about a week. Ditto Evanescence.
Thu 26/05/05 at 22:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Darkness? :(
Thu 26/05/05 at 21:48
Regular
Well all this talk of music has whetted my 'appetite' and tomorrow I think I'll be downloading some 'Sabbath, Metallica and Iron Maiden

I might just download some Darkness for the sheer hell of it - haven't listened to them in ages (even when I did it was only a handful of songs) At the very least it will flesh out my mp3 player ...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.