GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heavy Metal Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
We really needed a thread for the world's premier type of music, so I created one, and here it is.

Rock on!
Page:
Mon 13/06/05 at 20:54
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Woohoo!!! I knew I was right!! In your face, cretin-who-is-no-longer-sitting-next- to-me-but-went-home-several-hours-ago!!! Anyway....
Mon 13/06/05 at 18:59
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Metalhead - it was indeed the singer from All That Remains.
Mon 13/06/05 at 17:02
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
RoJ wrote:

> And metalhead, that guy was me.

*gasp* however did you get past security??
Sun 12/06/05 at 12:13
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> You forgot RoJ though.

:'{

And metalhead, that guy was me.
Sun 12/06/05 at 10:39
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ironic, there's now another thread devoted to effect pedals/talkboxes.......meh.

Anyway, argument what needs settling:

If anyone was at the London Astoria for Killswitch Engage this year (think its was January), WHO was the guy that came onstage during a killswitch song???? Im sure it was the singer from All That Remains (support band that night), but the cretin next to me thinks it was killswitch's previous vocalist before howard jones: jesse leech.......just no!!! someone settle this!!!
Wed 08/06/05 at 17:22
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:

> Okay, firstly, what's that effect at the start of the first song on
> the BLS record?

Talkbox

EDIT: On second thoughts perhaps I should elaborate. A talkbox is a groovey little pedal the feeds the input signal up through a plastic tube, which you usually wrap around a mic stand. You then use your mouth to make random sounds down the tube, and the sound gets picked up by the mic which you usually gaffa tape the tube to. This is why if you see anyone using it they appear to be either eating or felating the microphone :p Slash uses them quite a bit, ditto Joe Perry (Aerosmith). The most well-known piece of talkbox use is the intro (and i think the solo....meh) to Bon Jovi's ''Livin' On A Prayer'', and also on Peter Frampton's ''Do You Feel Like We Do?''. Thats all folks.
Mon 06/06/05 at 20:50
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Happy Birthday Bob.

Hey, you remembered :) Thank you.
You forgot RoJ though.

I now have 4 new albums, woo!
Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle Earth
Black Label Society - Mafia
Amon Amarth - The Fate Of Norns
Death - The Sounds Of Perseverance

Okay, firstly, what's that effect at the start of the first song on the BLS record? Secondly, Blind Guardian are awesome. They have all these lord of the ringsisms between songs. Download the album, it's brilliant.

I listened to the Death album. OMG and I thought Symbolic was technical. I listened through it and it was awesome but I cannot for the life of me remember any of the songs at all. Will take a few listens, I think.

And I haven't listened to Amon Amarth yet... I haven't really heard much of their stuff, only a song called Death In Fire which isn't even on Fate Of Norns but anyway... Their vocalist has the sexiest growl ever. Really. I'm not usually attracted to guy's voices (or guys in general, I may add) but his is nice.
Mon 06/06/05 at 18:41
Regular
"you've got a beard"
right then babies, i'm off to see Strapping Young Lad now...
no offense, but i'm about to have a better time than you are :D
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:49
Regular
Happy Birthday Bob.
Mon 06/06/05 at 17:22
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Ah yes, proper British grindcore. Makes excellent chav-hunting music :D

On a much lighter and frankly more melodic note, Mr. Big. I've just found a copy of their greatest hit which I never knew I had, and am very much taken with the first track ''Addicted To That Rush''. So in that sort of style, recommendations please.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.