GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Queries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Are Getdotted (I know I wrote Freeola and I can't change it!) planning on making the DNS changing thing more 'user friendly' or are they keeping it as it is with the stupid charges?

And if you can offer to drop £6 + VAT off of a domain if they're purchased simultaneously surely that means you can drop the prices for single purchases? You're £6 more a year than other reg companies for renewing .com domains.

If the prices drop and the silly DNS charges go I'll probably stay, but like this I'll pay the £23 it's going to cost me to transfer the domain away as it will benefit me in the long term.
Wed 07/04/04 at 17:53
Regular
Brio wrote:
> M () l) E wrote:
> Brio are you a Staffie? You are a newbie and have been here for over
> 1000 days, doesnt make sense.
>
> What doesn't make sense? If I were staff it would say
> "Staff" under my username.

Could be part time?
Bah. Doesnt matter. Its just that you have been here longer than most regulars.

Are you a getdotted customer?
Thu 08/04/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ha, I just got the confirmation through asking me for my password at 3:15 this afternoon, that's nearly 3 days after I initially asked for it to be done. The DNS would have finished propagating by now if I had done it online like other providers.

I phoned up to cancel it yesterday too as the server is starting to work again but got cut off after queuing for 10 minutes, I also faxed in a request to cancel it.

For something that can be done on the spot for free at other places, you really must see my point when I pay you to take 3 days to change it for me...
Mon 12/04/04 at 13:51
Regular
"I crashed into a va"
GetDotted require a signature along with the original Transaction number, this is better security than normal than offered by most other companies.

**Removed my boring long arsed horror story as has nothing to do with DNS change
Mon 12/04/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Do they have a copy of my signature though? No.

I could have signed it with anything and got it changed...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.