GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Queries"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/03/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Are Getdotted (I know I wrote Freeola and I can't change it!) planning on making the DNS changing thing more 'user friendly' or are they keeping it as it is with the stupid charges?

And if you can offer to drop £6 + VAT off of a domain if they're purchased simultaneously surely that means you can drop the prices for single purchases? You're £6 more a year than other reg companies for renewing .com domains.

If the prices drop and the silly DNS charges go I'll probably stay, but like this I'll pay the £23 it's going to cost me to transfer the domain away as it will benefit me in the long term.
Wed 24/03/04 at 15:17
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Are Getdotted (I know I wrote Freeola and I can't change it!) planning on making the DNS changing thing more 'user friendly' or are they keeping it as it is with the stupid charges?

And if you can offer to drop £6 + VAT off of a domain if they're purchased simultaneously surely that means you can drop the prices for single purchases? You're £6 more a year than other reg companies for renewing .com domains.

If the prices drop and the silly DNS charges go I'll probably stay, but like this I'll pay the £23 it's going to cost me to transfer the domain away as it will benefit me in the long term.
Fri 26/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Helloooooooooo?

Is anyone going to reply? Or have I got to write a cheque and post it off before I can get a reply?
Fri 26/03/04 at 17:53
Regular
The only thing that is keeping me back from buying a domain from Getdotted is the Stupid DNS charges.
Fri 02/04/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Will anybody ever reply?
Fri 02/04/04 at 13:26
Regular
Hello phillip. I don't know the answer to your question, but I've replied.
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Will anybody who actually has some sort of benefit to the human race ever reply?
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
I offer absolutely no benefit to the human race, but, as a staffer...

We have no plans to change the DNS charges BUT we do plan to make the process easier without the need for paperwork. We also plan to allow DNS servers to be specified at the time of ordering a domain.

We have no current plans to review our domain pricing. We believe the overall Get Dotted package offers incredible value for money.

Regards,
Danny
Fri 02/04/04 at 16:13
"I love yo... lamp."
My only suggestion regarding Get Dotted is having to upload via a Freeola connection. There is no way I could upload a website via a 56k modem, I don't even have one anymore. And obviously I have my broadband under a contract, so I genuinely can't use it.

If you were to change that it would be of benefit to a lot of people.
Fri 02/04/04 at 19:57
Regular
"The Guru"
If we were to allow people not on Freeola to use our free webspace, not only would our servers take a rinsing (as people all over with fast connections would be using it) but we would not make any money! Think about it, we do not charge you for e-mails, webspace (unlimited), support, or domain hosting. How many other companies can you think of that offer that?

We do reserve the right to charge for something!
Fri 02/04/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Just add a limit to it or charge people for the benefit of being able to use their own connection.

And with the DNS, it's slow having to post it off plus the charge just makes things stupid. If I want to change something like that, I'd rather have it done over the internet instantly and not have to post a form off adding to the time it takes. Plus you can't update it when people aren't working, it's just a slow useless system that really needs to be sorted out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.