GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Would You have Done?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/03/04 at 16:46
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Today my dad found a wallet today containing £400 + a few hundred Euros + Credit Cards and usual wallet stuff. He found it outside a shop so he walked in and with the details in the wallet discovered that it belonged to a regular customer of this shop. So my dad left his details incase the man wanted to thank him or whatever. And about 10 minutes ago, this man calls and thanks him etc.

I started thinking about what I would have done in the same situation as my dad. Would I have gone in the shop and given the wallet in? Would you?
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:54
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:

(some truth)
----------------

And therein lies everyone's hidden truths!
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:53
Regular
"cachoo"
Ah. Honesty is such a beauty!
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:52
Regular
Heh

This thread is funny as fook. As much as I'd love to get on my high horse and tell people it's wrong to steal, at the end of the day I know I'd swipe the money and dash the wallet in a bin.

*shrugs*

I may lack morals but at least I'd be 400 squids better off.
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:46
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Darling, this man probably still doesn't even realise he lost it.

;)
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:39
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I love to say I would have taken it, but I know i'll hand it in.

Think about it, all of a sudden you have £400 and some people around you, parents, friends, etc etc are going to ask questions.

There is no way you could have used the credit cards, unless you want to fake the signatue and risk getting caught but no doubt he would have cancelled them!

If I found a wallet and it had nothing in it but a tenner and there was no where to hand it in..i may have taken it.

As for Cubist taking that £4 that bloke dropped, you make me sick! How would you feel if someone watched you drop your money and then waited for you to get off the bus?

When you start earing your own money then you'll appriciate it more. If your used to it being given to you, you don't realise that money don't grow on trees. That £4 of that mans may have been for his lunch, dinner or means to get home!

And I hope one day someone will steal money from you, i don't mean that in a nasty way but what goes around comes around and you need to learn what it feels like to have money stolen from!
Sun 21/03/04 at 01:04
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Depending if I needed it or not.

Still, even if I needed it and there were contact details I would contact the person.

I think I might write a little note and leave it in my wallet also.

Yeah I dont usually have much money on me, just cards and general rubbish. Getting new ones is a hassle.

But i'd like to think that i'd hand it in.
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:12
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It is a pity, but you speak the truth.
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:11
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Then I wouldn't expect someone to hand it in. Hardly anyone in this world would actually not keep the money I'm afraid to say.

So yeh, I'd take it.
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:08
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Littlest Brother wrote:
> I would like to think that I would hand it in, but if I found
> £400, I think I would take it.

Really? Just think. What if that WERE your £400 and someone found it?
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:01
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
If I found cash I'd have to keep it, there's nothing to prove it belongs to anyone, well unless someone honestly asks me if I've seen loads of money...

If I found a wallet however with ID and stuff, I'd keep it and contact the person myself, I wouldn't trust giving it to someone else to do, plus they'd take the reward.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.