GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A crucial, crucial decision..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 21:20
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Right, tomorrow I'm getting some money. No questions. I just am. It will be enough to purchase a single game.

Will it be:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory: 4, I think or...

Timesplitters: Future Perfect: 1

Tell me which to get and why; I'll tally up votes or something. I trust you all with this decision. Unless my pretty good Halo 2 review (imo) from last Sunday wins GAD :-p.

Thankyou.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:36
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Definitely Chaos Theory.
Sun 03/04/05 at 13:25
Regular
Timesplitters 3 is a hell of a lot of fun, but I'd have to go with Chaos Theory. Both really excellent games but Chaos Theory is godly, where as Future perfect is just excellent.
Sun 03/04/05 at 01:32
Regular
"8==="
I started TS3 first because it was out earlier.

Still got Breakdown to finish and a load of new games to play + old ones to replay (like Deus Ex 2).

There aren't enough hours in the day.
Sun 03/04/05 at 01:07
Regular
"Touched!"
Hedfix wrote:
> But if you didn't like the basic gameplay + the online play then
> you're probably better off with TS3.

Yea TS3 is a quality game. I'll be finishing it after CT is done and dusted (single player).
Sun 03/04/05 at 00:23
Regular
"8==="
But if you didn't like the basic gameplay + the online play then you're probably better off with TS3.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:33
Regular
"Touched!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Depends how much you liked Pandora Tomorrow.

I think thats harsh. Pandora was more of a stop gap rather than a full sequel. CT is much better and it's a true sequel.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
Yeah but you can get a similar experience from TS3.

Just with less stealth (although you do have invisibility powerups, sniper rifles and mines so someone desperate for stealthy TS3 play could manage it).
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:18
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I hated it. Lovin Chaos much more thanks to deathmatch-athon.
Sat 02/04/05 at 23:14
Regular
"8==="
Depends how much you liked Pandora Tomorrow.
Sat 02/04/05 at 22:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Zeus wrote:
> Bonus, everyone's talking about it and Splinter Cell is an expensive
> game that looks much the same as the others, wait until it comes down
> in prcie then snap it up if you really want to ...

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Timesplitters_3_6766_r.html[/URL]

[URL]http://specialreserve.co.uk/Splinter_Cell_3_6646_r.html[/URL]

Expensive? WHat the hell?

And I have never played a game liek SPlinter Cell in my life. Well, Metal Gear comes close, but that isn't on XBOX Live. But the amount of games that come close to the Timesplitters formula is immense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.