GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A crucial, crucial decision..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/04/05 at 21:20
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Right, tomorrow I'm getting some money. No questions. I just am. It will be enough to purchase a single game.

Will it be:

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory: 4, I think or...

Timesplitters: Future Perfect: 1

Tell me which to get and why; I'll tally up votes or something. I trust you all with this decision. Unless my pretty good Halo 2 review (imo) from last Sunday wins GAD :-p.

Thankyou.
Mon 04/04/05 at 11:35
Regular
Zeus wrote:
> The single player is a little too stealthy and harsh if
> you screw up on a part,

I wouldn't say that at all. Triggering alarms just means you'll have a lot of guards on your ass, as long as you hide well or manage to take them out quietly you'll have no problems.
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:50
Regular
"BOSE"
Hedfix wrote:
> Depends how much you liked Pandora Tomorrow.

I wouldn't say that. Chaos Theory's raised the Sam Fisher bar a LOT. Loads of new moves, gadgets, the knife, co-op, etc. I did the neck break from above yesterday..sweet!

Did you say "Chaos Theory 4?" Anyway, get Chaos Theory, it rocks :-)
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:46
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Right, decision made.

Splinter Cell will be a purchase of mine today, and then if I win GAD, Timesplitters 3 will definitely be my prize.

Thankos muchos for the help...os.
Mon 04/04/05 at 08:45
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Zeus wrote:
> you get both you can switch between a laborious kill (CT) and
> then take out your excess energy on TS, before getting ready for
> another stealthy mission.

Now this idea, I like.
Sun 03/04/05 at 22:20
Regular
Whey

I see Auf Deutsch likes my beard

Splinter Cell CT is a good game, on playing it through again. Only ... I don't have Broadband, and thus no Live, so the experience is more shallow. The single player is a little too stealthy and harsh if you screw up on a part, it sets you back a long way. Top-knotch graphics.

TS3 has an excellent multiplayer and adrenaline fuelled fights though ... if you get both you can switch between a laborious kill (CT) and then take out your excess energy on TS, before getting ready for another stealthy mission.
Sun 03/04/05 at 20:06
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Stridman wrote:
> I played Chaos Theory at SR Basildon yesterday along with Fifa Street
> on the Cube.

What did you think of Fifa Street?
Sun 03/04/05 at 17:04
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Cool, thanks for that.
Sun 03/04/05 at 17:04
Regular
Yep, you can save on co-op on Live, but the person who hosted it has to create the match again if you leave. And yeah, you can have up to 6 different saves I think, so that would be 6 different people you could play it with if you were so inclined.
Sun 03/04/05 at 16:59
Regular
": ("
I played Chaos Theory at SR Basildon yesterday along with Fifa Street on the Cube.

Chaos Theory is good from what i've played, wouldn't get it for the PS2 though...
Sun 03/04/05 at 15:25
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
yeah, it will be Chaos Theory.

Can I just ask, I gather it's possible to save your progress (co-op on LIVE) and then start from that point again when the two of you next play together?

Also, can you have more han one game running (not at the same time, obviously), so you could have one co-op saved with one friend, and a different one saved with another or something?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.