GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things to consider when you're deaf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have to make a list of things that need working around in the 6 weeks after my operation, so I'm looking for a little help with things I may have overlooked.

- getting around not hearing the alarm in the morning
- people at the front door
- telling people not to ring the home phone or leave voice messages
- borrowing a tv with subtitles

one problem i havent found a solution for yet is my cooker. to light it you have to press the button til it clicks and then turn on the gas, but i wont hear the click and its unsafe to have the gas on beforehand, i not a big fan of microwave food but unless theres someone around i think i might have to stick with that for a while.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yes, I will be completely deaf.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:00
Regular
Will you be completly deaf for the six weeks after your op?

Oh and for the cooker situation....You could try eating take out for the 6 weeks.
(Urk)
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:51
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I live at home, but my family are next to useless and not taking much interest in the impending situation, so I'm basically going to have to be self-reliant. I also have the small issue of 6 weeks of Uni to get through, the Uni has been pretty good about it though, but it seems their plan is to basically cut me out of classes, which I'm not happy about. I dont want to be left isolated.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:44
Regular
"cachoo"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Can't you move back in with your parents (assuming you don't live with
> them any more), or with a mate...
>
> You can be entirely reliant on people for 6 weeks.

I'd go with that option. It'll probably be extremely scary, especially with what Cub!st's just mentioned! Obviously, you'd need to learn how to cope without the help of anyone else, but maybe you should have someone with you a lot afterwards.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:44
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Buh I should really read the original posts first. Disregard all my phone related queeries.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:43
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
What if the fire alarm goes off? What if the telephone goes? If you can't get a T.V. with subtitles you wont be able to listen to the radio either so get some single player games. What if your mobile goes off? What if someone gets murdered in the house next door because you didn't hear their screams? What if...errr I dunno
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Also if your going to use sign language then are you alowed to talk at the dinner table?
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:42
"slightlyshortertagl"
Can't you move back in with your parents (assuming you don't live with them any more), or with a mate...

You can be entirely reliant on people for 6 weeks.
Wed 17/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have to make a list of things that need working around in the 6 weeks after my operation, so I'm looking for a little help with things I may have overlooked.

- getting around not hearing the alarm in the morning
- people at the front door
- telling people not to ring the home phone or leave voice messages
- borrowing a tv with subtitles

one problem i havent found a solution for yet is my cooker. to light it you have to press the button til it clicks and then turn on the gas, but i wont hear the click and its unsafe to have the gas on beforehand, i not a big fan of microwave food but unless theres someone around i think i might have to stick with that for a while.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.