GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Things to consider when you're deaf"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/03/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have to make a list of things that need working around in the 6 weeks after my operation, so I'm looking for a little help with things I may have overlooked.

- getting around not hearing the alarm in the morning
- people at the front door
- telling people not to ring the home phone or leave voice messages
- borrowing a tv with subtitles

one problem i havent found a solution for yet is my cooker. to light it you have to press the button til it clicks and then turn on the gas, but i wont hear the click and its unsafe to have the gas on beforehand, i not a big fan of microwave food but unless theres someone around i think i might have to stick with that for a while.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:15
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Im not sure why you will go deaf, but i hope you get undeaf soon.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:13
"I love yo... lamp."
My overriding fear of being deaf would be not knowing if it was loud n' proud or silent but violent.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:08
Regular
"Meh"
Ranma wrote:
> some of these comments don't seem too serious, if it was me I would
> feel very frightened,

Well, we're all just trying to Lindgren up, obviously going deaf for a while will be difficult for her. But what else is there to do here, besides giving her more grief and thinking of all the different things she won't be able to do?
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:06
"period drama"
Lindgren wrote:
> Thanks Ranma. It's appreciated. To be quite honest I'm absolutely
> terrified.

No one can blame you for that.
I really don't know what to say except good luck and I really hope everything turns out alright for you.
Wed 17/03/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks Ranma. It's appreciated. To be quite honest I'm absolutely terrified.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
some of these comments don't seem too serious, if it was me I would feel very frightened, you seem quite brave, please take care and i hope everything goes alright i cant help but feel worried for other people.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I really dont know to be honest Ranma, I'd be lying if I gave any other answer other than that.
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:49
Regular
Lindgren having this operation for whatever reason I'm not sure and losing your hearing for over a months makes me feel very concerned, will you be alright?
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:45
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Pfft Doctors, what do they know? They said I was "special" but I got no prise yet!!11!
Wed 17/03/04 at 19:44
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yeah, according to my doctor it can't wait though unfortunately

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.