GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fitness Freaks?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/03/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
:) Having just insulted you I'm now hoping you'll be helpful :P

Anyone who has seen my pic on Special Observe will probably notice I'm what you'd call "overweight" and probably bordering on obese actually. Before the "who ate all the pies" etc joke replies start I'd point out that it's not all from overeating but something else as well, but that's not relevant.

Going off tracks...

If I wanted a piece of exercise equipment what would be best out of:

treadmill
exercise bike

From what little I have read I know that rowing machines are supposed to be quite good, as are these eliptical trainer things...but I want to start gentle.

The only gym in town is £35 a month so I figure that I may as well just buy my own stuff....swimming is also no good to me because without my glasses on I'm as shortsighted as...erm a very shortsighted person. With my glasses on I can't go underwater or wear goggles so my eyes soon end up hurting like hell...

Also if anyone knows any good online stores for the stuff, 'cause only Argos sells it where I live, though they seem to have a lot of stuff available.

Anyone?
Tue 16/03/04 at 10:57
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Ranma wrote:
> Going to the gym is a lot easier in America
>
> [URL]http://www.robertprice.co.uk/robblog/images/24hourfitnessescalator.jpg[/URL]

I would run down the up escalator for exercise. Just to spite the gym.
Tue 16/03/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Belldandy wrote:
> Hurrah another Outwar moron...

Is this one of these online, browser based games? They are terrible.............
Tue 16/03/04 at 10:56
Regular
SETH890 wrote:
> Hey peoples if u want the best help go to this site,
> http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=87gzar2g , then click
> on the number provided scroll down five star ***** HELP.

Must you post this across forums and threads? Please stop.
Tue 16/03/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Hurrah another Outwar moron...
Mon 15/03/04 at 22:40
Regular
You walked into town and carried it back?

Well I admire your spirit, but personally I would have took a car .... :)
Mon 15/03/04 at 21:56
Regular
Going to the gym is a lot easier in America

[URL]http://www.robertprice.co.uk/robblog/images/24hourfitnessescalator.jpg[/URL]
Mon 15/03/04 at 21:51
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> Sounds a little like a cross-trainer, but a cheeper one.
>
> Could carry 25kg up the stairs? Baby :D
>
> I'm guessing it is because it's an awkward shape?

Yup, large long boxs, staircase corners, and a recently redecorated staircase with various valuable things hung on the walls or cabinets do not mix well.
Mon 15/03/04 at 21:51
"I love yo... lamp."
I've found the best gym ever.

[URL]http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_862238.html?menu=news.quirkies.sexlife[/URL]
Mon 15/03/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Sounds a little like a cross-trainer, but a cheeper one.

Could carry 25kg up the stairs? Baby :D

I'm guessing it is because it's an awkward shape?
Mon 15/03/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Well, after reading stuff here, elsewhere on the net, and talking to a mate at Uni who is a trainer at a gym I've gone for something called a "Gravity Strider". Basically like a walking machine with adjustable tension but it is 'no impact' because of the design, hence no kneed damage like that associated with a treadmill. My mate reckons I'm best starting with this to get generally in shape, then get an exercise bike once I'm at that level.

Today has however proved to be quite an exercise in itself...

First off I walk down town (which is a 30 mins walk in itself) clutching the order number for Argos. Realise Argos is at the top of the main street (which is on a steep hill because this town is stupid like that). Get to Argos. It's in stock, pay for it (gulp), it comes down.

Crap, it weighs 25kg...and despite being flatpacked it's massive. I slowly make my way down the hill back home in a scene reminiscent of a bad comedy. Undoubtedly CCTV operators in the town were having a right laugh... Going past my old workplace I have an idea...

Furnished with a porters trolley I now wheel the thing back home, still bl**dy heavy but at least it's easier to carry. Going into town involves a downhill walk, so this involves and uphill walk going back...

Get back home, unload it into the kitchen. Take the porters trolley back and then walk back home again.

Becomes apparent that, even with Mum's help, carrying25 kg large box upstairs is not good idea. So I unpack it and take it up piece by piece. 5 up and down trips later and I'm well and truly knackered.

1 hour of confusing assembly later and it is finally done, in fact it's standing in a corner of the room right now...actually getting it to here has probably involved more exercise than I'd do in a month normally...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.