GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Twin Snakes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/03/04 at 20:59
Regular
"..."
After all the publicity , and after whining over the fact the the best Metal Gear Solid is going to be Gamecube exclusive , The Twin Snakes turned out to be a failure!! All American/Japanese/European reviewers state that the game is not what they were expecting it to be , it doesn't really give you a storyline as good as Metal Gear Solid or a gameplay as good as Sons Of Liberty , and even the graphics turned out not to be what they were expecting !!
Thu 04/03/04 at 22:15
Regular
"..."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> HAHAHA!
>
> Oh please close your ass cheeks. I don't know which portal you are
> actually getting this information from but whatever it is its wrong.
>
> The only things that differ from the original are the musical score
> and the re-designed cut scenes which still contain more or less
> exactly the same voice overs from the original only with different
> camera angles and longer running times.
>
> I have followed this game since it was announced and believe me when
> I say this, you or whoever you are getting this information from is
> wrong.
You haven't actually played the game , so you can't say that . There have been many examples of games that were thought to be good after announcing them , but then you get disappointed , since a lot of features are removed , the biggest examples were the 2000/2001 E3 trailers of mgs2 , and the 2003 E3 trailer of Resident Evil Trailer
Thu 04/03/04 at 22:04
Regular
Visually it is a modified engine from Metal Gear Solid 2 but the architecture of the GameCube and the additional lighting effects that the developers can use with the GameCube cause the game to look better. I have a DVD of the game running and it looks extremely sweet, more added effects from Metal Gear Solid 2 and a vastly improved lighting system.

The only critisism I have come across from publishers and from what I have seen is that the game is prone to slow down at times which was a bug in the original and the sequel on the PS2.
Thu 04/03/04 at 22:01
Regular
HAHAHA!

Oh please close your ass cheeks. I don't know which portal you are actually getting this information from but whatever it is its wrong.

The only things that differ from the original are the musical score and the re-designed cut scenes which still contain more or less exactly the same voice overs from the original only with different camera angles and longer running times.

I have followed this game since it was announced and believe me when I say this, you or whoever you are getting this information from is wrong.
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:57
Regular
"..."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Its the same game you fa**y. It was given a complete make over by two
> of the greatest games developers of all time and arguably the
> greatest up and coming company in the form of Silicon Knights.
>
> Improved Metal Gear 2 engine both technically and from a gameplay
> point of view, all the beauties of the first Metal Gear minus the
> highly repetitive and boring sections included in Metal Gear 2.
>
> It is still the original game under the improved visuals which on its
> merit alone makes it a far far more enjoyable game than the second
> Metal Gear which was quite frankly one of the most over ratde and
> disappointing games I have ever played.
>
> Also please lets see your list of current reviews for the game as I
> believe there have been 5 reviews from western magazines/websites
> scoring on average 85% and 6 Japanese reviews scoring on average 88%.
> Do you fail too see that these are actually excellent scores, just
> because a lot of retarded publishers give 8/9 out of 10's out to any
> hold game doesn't mean that this suddenly become a poor game.
First of all , it's not the same game as mgs1 , since the storyline isn't as good , because Hideo Kojima only wrote it , but he is not the director of twin snakes , so the story of Twin Snakes won't have the same Quality , while the gameplay and graphics were not as good as mgs2 , actually in the Final version of the game , the textures and the game engine were not what they were expected to be , and that's because Hideo Kojima did not design it , it was designed by a Canadian from Silicon Knights .
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:50
Regular
Oh and don't listen to Rikoss, he knows I am right ;)
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:49
Regular
The same game under the visuals and camera re-direction and modified cut scenes. Everything else still remains.
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:48
Regular
Its the same game you fa**y. It was given a complete make over by two of the greatest games developers of all time and arguably the greatest up and coming company in the form of Silicon Knights.

Improved Metal Gear 2 engine both technically and from a gameplay point of view, all the beauties of the first Metal Gear minus the highly repetitive and boring sections included in Metal Gear 2.

It is still the original game under the improved visuals which on its merit alone makes it a far far more enjoyable game than the second Metal Gear which was quite frankly one of the most over ratde and disappointing games I have ever played.

Also please lets see your list of current reviews for the game as I believe there have been 5 reviews from western magazines/websites scoring on average 85% and 6 Japanese reviews scoring on average 88%. Do you fail too see that these are actually excellent scores, just because a lot of retarded publishers give 8/9 out of 10's out to any hold game doesn't mean that this suddenly become a poor game.
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:16
Regular
"..."
Rickoss wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid has always been, and always will be, crap.
Have you even finished Metal Gear Solid 1 ?
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:14
Regular
Metal Gear Solid has always been, and always will be, crap.
Thu 04/03/04 at 21:11
"Majestic"
okedokey!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.