GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You know what I've noticed..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/02/04 at 22:42
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
People on these forums care WAY too much. Sometimes over larger things like constant spamming or what have you which I can understand getting a wee bit annoyed it but sometimes over some REALLY trivial things too. For example I have been browsing the forums on and off today and I'd say that 1 in every 4 posts consists of people trying to convince somebody else that they aren't as stupid as someone is calling them. These often include words like "Actually","If" and "Bothered". People are picking up on pety technicalities and twisting what other people say to begin these insane little fights between people who I bet off of the forums they couldn't care less about.

These fights are ALWAYS started over people reading one thing and taking words too literaly. Often these are just mistakes or aren't even vital to the sentence but they make a huge deal over it for no reason. Why is it that these people bother? I mean in all seriousness can't they just let the little things drop without pointing them out and starting pety fights over it that end up disproportionately large compared to the original problem. It just bothers me ever so slightly that some people actually have the time in their lives to make such a fuss of something so small.
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:42
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
People on these forums care WAY too much. Sometimes over larger things like constant spamming or what have you which I can understand getting a wee bit annoyed it but sometimes over some REALLY trivial things too. For example I have been browsing the forums on and off today and I'd say that 1 in every 4 posts consists of people trying to convince somebody else that they aren't as stupid as someone is calling them. These often include words like "Actually","If" and "Bothered". People are picking up on pety technicalities and twisting what other people say to begin these insane little fights between people who I bet off of the forums they couldn't care less about.

These fights are ALWAYS started over people reading one thing and taking words too literaly. Often these are just mistakes or aren't even vital to the sentence but they make a huge deal over it for no reason. Why is it that these people bother? I mean in all seriousness can't they just let the little things drop without pointing them out and starting pety fights over it that end up disproportionately large compared to the original problem. It just bothers me ever so slightly that some people actually have the time in their lives to make such a fuss of something so small.
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:44
Regular
"100% Sonic fan"
Yes
Why, i dont get that

Its only a forum not something to serius
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:44
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I know what you mean.
A cynical type could point out irony, but I'm not going to bother, because that in itself would be ironic, ad infinitum.

But you're right, y'know.
Which makes a pleasant change, I s'ppose.
:)
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:47
Regular
"8==="
Cub!st wrote:
> People on these forums care WAY too much. Sometimes over larger things
> like constant spamming or what have you which I can understand
> getting a wee bit annoyed it but sometimes over some REALLY trivial
> things too.

TOO TRUE!!!111

> are picking up on pety technicalities and twisting what other people
> say

and it's 'petty'. :P :P
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:48
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Gald to see both of you see my point of view.
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Hedfix wrote:
> and it's 'petty'. :P :P

Lol damn you
Regular
"8==="
By posting this YOU care too much.
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:49
Regular
"8==="
>IronI<
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:51
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I am just posing a question mate. I find it pitiable that somepeople do care about the things I have mentioned and if that makes me a hypocrite then that's what I am but that doesn't mean that my post isn't valid.
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:54
Regular
"8==="
and the 'i' has the dot at the top. :P

What are you Fred Durst or something!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.