GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/02/04 at 21:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
Discovering new bands can be a tricky thing unless you type random buzzwords into Kazaa or watch music channels forever with a pen and paper in your hands. So here is a way of sharing knowledge of newish (up and coming) or unrecognised bands and allowing other people to enjoy a wider variety of music.

Just post the name of a band, the style of music they play (rock, metal, punk, etc) and which other bands they are similar to. Then we can all enjoy new music. Simple.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Finger Eleven -Grunge/metal - Similar to Staind/Creed

InMe - Nu Metal - Similar to Korn, early Limp Bizkit

3 doors down - rock - Similar to Alkaline Trio

Slick Shoes - Punk rock - Similar to Sum 41, American hifi

Add your own, spread the word.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Children Of Bodom - Happy sounding black(ish) metal from Finland

Nightwish - Also Finnish, also metal. But not black, oh no. What sort? No idea. They have a female vocalist with an amazing voice, operatic and all that. And she plays air guitar too.

Graveworm - Atmospheric black metal from Germany (Think Cradle Of Filth but minus the crappyness)

Not exactly new bands, they both have a few albums behind them but they are massively talented and do seem to be largely unknown by people I talk to. Maybe that says more about the sort of people I talk to than anything else.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I didn't think InMe were still around.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
InMe
Funeral For A Friend
Incubus

Well they are all bands i listen to...
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Cyclone wrote:
> And 'unrecognised' is a pretty generic term, and certainly not the
> same as 'newish'.
>

Very generic...I don't listen to ANY chart music at all...so many popular and well known bands are unrecognised by me.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:27
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Unknown bands who rule:

Full System Purge -Even though they split up last year, their music still rawks!

Jimmie's Chicken Shack -Punk, influence on Good Charlotte allegedly

Three Dead Trolls In a Baggie- Canadian comedy trio; they've done stuff that sounds like Tenacious D, but also a lot of hilarious mickey-takings

Bums- German punk band. great talent.

The Grand Pr*cks- Vulgar pop punk. Hilarious lyrics, very creative.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:27
Regular
Rage Against The Machine - A mix between metal/rock and hiphop. Amazing
Prodigy - Dance/drum n' bass
Placebo - Chill rock
Gun's n Roses - Everyone knows these :P
Iron Maiden - " " "
System of a Down - Mental metal.
Incubus - Rock.

I'll post more later.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
I suggest

"Stupid Kid" by Alkaline Trio - my "song of the day"
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And 'unrecognised' is a pretty generic term, and certainly not the same as 'newish'.

Eg, 'Elliott' - borken up now, went for 8 years, known by people who like good music. I.e not many.
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I kinda like Me First And The Gimme Gimmes too...good for a laugh.
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:25
Regular
"She's a dog!"
I suggest everyone should acquire "Just a Girl" by No Doubt if you don't already have it. Funky song, which I would normally never listen to.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.