GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good Bands"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 25/02/04 at 21:12
Regular
"SOUP!"
Discovering new bands can be a tricky thing unless you type random buzzwords into Kazaa or watch music channels forever with a pen and paper in your hands. So here is a way of sharing knowledge of newish (up and coming) or unrecognised bands and allowing other people to enjoy a wider variety of music.

Just post the name of a band, the style of music they play (rock, metal, punk, etc) and which other bands they are similar to. Then we can all enjoy new music. Simple.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Finger Eleven -Grunge/metal - Similar to Staind/Creed

InMe - Nu Metal - Similar to Korn, early Limp Bizkit

3 doors down - rock - Similar to Alkaline Trio

Slick Shoes - Punk rock - Similar to Sum 41, American hifi

Add your own, spread the word.
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:57
Regular
"Remember me?"
Everclear.

'Nuff said.
Fri 27/02/04 at 17:51
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Geffdof wrote:
> The Distillers are really good. Their new album is fantastic and as
> far as i know they are not very popular or famous so they should fit
> the bit better than all of the other bands mentoined by half of the
> idiot posters.

The Distillers are hardly a small band. They've been on music channels since 'City Of Angels' (I think...) on their previous album, and since Brody's high profile split with Tim Armstrong (Rancid) and the thing with the guy outta QOTSA the rock press have been all over the Distillers like a rash.
Fri 27/02/04 at 15:48
Regular
I ask most people I know if they like System of a Down/Nirvana etc but they fail to realise who they are. I'd consider them a band thats known by people who love the style of music.
Thu 26/02/04 at 21:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
HBS, I have all of those albums :-D
Thu 26/02/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Fozzy
Biffy Clyro

Both decent bands. I'd say not that many people will have heard them here, although I might be wrong... :)
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
http://www.geocities.com/incenseduk/playlist/playlist.htm

Thats my current playlist, InMe, FFAF, FranzFerdinand etc are all there, tis worth a look...
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:23
Regular
"lets go back"
The Distillers are really good. Their new album is fantastic and as far as i know they are not very popular or famous so they should fit the bit better than all of the other bands mentoined by half of the idiot posters.

Jet are also good.

Give them both a try.
Thu 26/02/04 at 19:05
"period drama"
Blank wrote:
> Cyclone wrote:
> Dredg
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cyclone wrote:
> Dredg
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:11
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
magnius wrote:
> Nightwish are far better than Evanescence could ever hope to be...but
> then so are Busted ;)

That's correct. I don't even like Evanescence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.