GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Users you miss"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/11/06 at 10:46
Regular
Unfortunately with all communities as time goes on people come and go. There's a good few people that I enjoyed talking to and reading thier posts on SR who I don't see anymore.

Notorious Biggles - An old WLT poster, he was very helpful and I'm glad he became a notable before SR went down. He use to try and encourage people to take part in that FAD, using your computer to crunch numbers (are PS3s going to be able to do that?). I never did get to find out his name, all I knew was his middle name was Kenneth :) heh. He was cool because he was a pilot!

Totoro/Bejam - A fellow anime/ghibli fan, he won a lot of GADs and made lost of good posts. Unfortunately didn't get to know him more than that.

Lindgren - A lovely girl you might have seen in the WLT. Unfortunately always having health problems. I hope things are going better for her now.

Other people I miss are Icarus, Rosalind, Mystique and Ian's Lucy :)
Thu 09/11/06 at 15:50
Regular
schummi wrote:
> Holidays huh only just had one, ages away till the 16th dec,
> hehe, then i have 2 exams in jan.
>
> Well what else could I name it for these confused people?
> because "digital divide" is the correct term, thanks
> for you contribution anyway, much appreciated.

Hopefully not early January :)

Yeah I have no idea either ^^
Thu 09/11/06 at 15:45
Regular
> Machie wrote:

> Don't worry schummi it'll be the holidays soon so you can relax
> :)
>
> Oh dear, would it make no difference if I added a reply to your
> thread now? I'll do it anyway, I think you might have confused
> people when you mention a "digital divide" not many
> are familiar with it.

Holidays huh only just had one, ages away till the 16th dec, hehe, then i have 2 exams in jan.

Well what else could I name it for these confused people? because "digital divide" is the correct term, thanks for you contribution anyway, much appreciated.
Thu 09/11/06 at 12:18
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Twain wrote:
> + pb
> + Microchips/Chipseh
> - Tphi
> + AfroJoe
> - MJ
> + Meka Dragon
> + Grix Thraves
> - Hybrid Valves (possibly the most entertaining staffie of his time)
> - Turbonutter
> + Tyla (great help in the Web design forum, if that's still here)

Some of those post on "the other side" and Tyla calls himself Digital Prozac now.
Thu 09/11/06 at 12:06
Regular
pb wrote:
> I'm sure there are more lurkers here than we are aware of too...

I think we have about 30+ regular posters and probably twice that in lurkers, maybe more if you include the staffies :)
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:34
Regular
schummi wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> schummi hasn't been around much, I wonder what he's up to.
>
> I am still here, just busy with my coursework and stuff, glad
> your thinking of me heh! I did post last week, I got few
> replies, not to worry, would of been helpful if I had a few
> more. But its not the most well known topic.

Don't worry schummi it'll be the holidays soon so you can relax :)

Oh dear, would it make no difference if I added a reply to your thread now? I'll do it anyway, I think you might have confused people when you mention a "digital divide" not many are familiar with it.
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:29
Regular
Garin wrote:
> Worth more? Hmm...anybody want to buy some thanks? £100
> ono.
>
> When you want to do your polls throw a post in web dev, guess I
> can write something.

Woo! Good man :D I'll go do a thread. I spent most of last night preparing all the polls I want to do. I'll make it a weekly thing. Have some more valueable 'thanks' Garin, keep the change ;)
Thu 09/11/06 at 11:27
Regular
Nice to see you again Twain, wow has it been a year already? Blimey.

Aye Tyla was very helpful, not sure if he's still posting.
Wed 08/11/06 at 23:06
"possibly impossible"
I'm here, and glad to say that Meka pops in too to entertain us with a story (when he's not on PM)

No one mentioned Sheepy, Venombyte, Bluebeetle etc?

I'm sure there are more lurkers here than we are aware of too...
Wed 08/11/06 at 22:26
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
Crossbob, Chavez and Lukeman. I could basically relate to all of them. I miss the staffies aswell, and JFh was funny, although he didn't really notice me unless he was giving out.:S
Wed 08/11/06 at 22:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Hello everyone.

This seemed like an appropriate topic to post a returning message in, even though I've been known to return only for short periods.

For all those who remember me, I changed my name back to Twain from Watonty because I didn't like it. On most other forums nowadays I call myself Col or something along those lines anyway. The only reason I don't on here is because of The Crazyest Col! (anyone remember him?)

I'm on here today because I set a reminder on my phone to go off exactly one year after SR went into liquidation *sob* and it went off earlier today. Shame my internet has been rather tempermental recently, or I would have posted it sooner.

Yeah, so, back on topic. If any of these members still use the forums since the last time I was here then I appologise, but these are the members that I missed from here when I got the urge to come back today:
- pb
- Microchips/Chipseh
- Tphi
- AfroJoe
- MJ
- Meka Dragon
- Grix Thraves
- Hybrid Valves (possibly the most entertaining staffie of his time)
- Turbonutter
- Tyla (great help in the Web design forum, if that's still here)

Tell me when to stop...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.