GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can anyone recommend me a good War film?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 23/02/04 at 19:29
Regular
I like War Films and I have many on DVD. Just wondering if people know any good ones which I could get on DVD? I already have Saving Private Ryan, The Bridge on the River Kwai and The Great Escape. and no 18s please only 15s or under.

Thanks
Mon 23/02/04 at 20:27
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Full Metal Jacket.
Great film.
Mon 23/02/04 at 20:20
Regular
"Teal'c"
No, its WW2.
Mon 23/02/04 at 20:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
Belldandy wrote:

> 4)Enemy At The Gates - Russians and Germans during WW2, mainly sniper
> action but still great.

WWI
Mon 23/02/04 at 20:17
Regular
"SOUP!"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> WHERE EAGLES DARE is a good one.
>
> sorry for shouting but my PC nearly crashed while I was typing that
> and I felt the urge to kill rising.

RISING!
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:53
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I was going to say Band Of Brothers because it's excellent - better than saving private ryan was, but you're getting that, so here are the rest of my picks;

1)A Bridge Too Far - WW2 fest with allied paratroopers dropping deep into german lines in a bid to end the war early.

2)Blackhawk Down - absolute must see - US troops in Somalia get pinned down in Mogadishu and seriously outnumbered.

3)Thin Red Line - under rated I think.

4)Enemy At The Gates - Russians and Germans during WW2, mainly sniper action but still great.

5) We Were Soldiers

They're in no particular order BTW, too other war related films which I rate - though they are pretty low on actual fighting, are Gathering Storm and Wag The Dog (very good), Buffalo Soldiers is okay as well. And Fail Safe (kind of Dr Strangelove rip off).

Would still rate Band Of Brothers as the best though, it's just sheer quality and the fact each chapter contains a couple of minutes of the surviving men talking just adds to it. You can see - and I'm sure anyone here whose grandparents fought in the war will agree - in their eyes that they remember it clearly and in a way no one who hasn't seen war can.
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:52
Regular
WHERE EAGLES DARE is a good one.

sorry for shouting but my PC nearly crashed while I was typing that and I felt the urge to kill rising.
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:51
Regular
"SOUP!"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Do you know any oldies? Like The Great Escape?

Many, but I can't think of names. give me a moment.
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:50
Regular
"SOUP!"
Tears of the Sun is a 15 also I beleive.

Check out Enemy at the Gates, it's an excellent WWI Sniper Movie.

Another different type of war film (you've probably seen) is braveheart.
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:49
Regular
Do you know any oldies? Like The Great Escape?
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
Tears of the Sun ,something I saw the other day which rocks quite a lot.

I swear I typed a message already and it seems to have disappeared.

Communists took it"!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.