GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Thu 21/04/05 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Some new info on Cube Europe, basically:

+ The game is said to be 2 - 3 times *larger* than OOT.
+ Link will grow up as the game progresses
+ The starting town acts as an introduction where you wear normal clothes and have to round up cows on your horse within a time limit.

And some new screenshots. [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7650[/URL].

Nintendo, a release date of tomorrow please.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:17
Regular
For once I agree with you.
Sun 24/04/05 at 20:15
Regular
Zelda will be probably the greatest game in the world.

That's my prediction anyway.
Sun 24/04/05 at 16:56
"period drama"
Yes indeed, it was a perfect example of how to do a proper village - despite being pretty small, there was so much going on and things to do and find.

Just make more of them, and bigger.

I'd like to see Hyrule in the new Zelda at first having been taken over by monsters and quite badly destroyed when Link gets there. It'll be like the very first dungeon, a pretty short one - and when you've got rid of all the monsters, the people will slowly come back and build the town back to normal throughout the game.
Sun 24/04/05 at 13:08
Regular
Windfall was definetly a moderate step forward though, there was a hell of a lot more life there than any other village I've seen in a Zelda game.

I loved the way you almost felt like you got to know everyone in the village and everyone had their own distinct personality and reason to be there. All they need to do in the sequel is have more villages like this and make them even larger.
Sun 24/04/05 at 12:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I want Zelda more because I'm not a huge fan of action combat on PC. It does sound great, though, and I'll probably get it if it lives up to all the hype.

One aspect of the game caught my eye, though, and that was the "Radiant AI". Having NPCs with a list of things to do which they decide on their own how to accomplish would be fantastic, and is the exact sort of thing the new Zelda needs. To be honest I'm tired of Zelda NPCs just standing around day in and day out doing nothing, or walking horribly slowly down some stairs (Anju in MM, anyone?). They were on the right tracks in Wind Waker, with the whole pictobox thing - but that was still scripted. Hope fully we'll see that sort of thing, but I doubt it, because it's not really Nintendo's strong suit, NPC AI.
Sun 24/04/05 at 01:00
Regular
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> It's the sequel to the fantastic Morrowind.

Ah of course, due for end of the year isn't it?

It's going to be funtastic, and I'll have a nice uber PC for it too.

Still want Zelda more though
Sat 23/04/05 at 22:23
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Morrowind was very deep, but limited in some respects.

But great.

Unfortunatly, WoW has demolished it as my RPG of choice for dipping in and out of.
Sat 23/04/05 at 22:21
Regular
Morrowind was far too beardy and dull to be considered a good game.

Decent controls and preetier surroundings with more colours than grey and dull grey could make the sequel more fun, I won't hold my breath though.
Sat 23/04/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Random by default"
I shall buy Zelda based upon the history alone.

Oh, and yes the videos look nice too =)
Sat 23/04/05 at 17:26
Regular
It's the sequel to the fantastic Morrowind. My brother's gonna get Oblivion, should be very, very good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.