GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda GC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker'.
Thu 21/04/05 at 23:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Some new info on Cube Europe, basically:

+ The game is said to be 2 - 3 times *larger* than OOT.
+ Link will grow up as the game progresses
+ The starting town acts as an introduction where you wear normal clothes and have to round up cows on your horse within a time limit.

And some new screenshots. [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=7650[/URL].

Nintendo, a release date of tomorrow please.
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:58
Regular
I swear I read somewhere something that hinted about an underwater section. An underwater city would be simply splurge worthy.
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:30
"period drama"
And this:

EGM: Is it safe to say there is some major gameplay element we still don't know about, like the sailboat in Windwaker, that will remain secret until just before the game comes out?

EA: You're right.

Is just jism-inducing.
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:28
"period drama"
I don't think New Zelda will have any problems looking cool.
I mean ... *shivers* ... woo
Mon 25/04/05 at 20:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Counter-attack?
> I thought it made things a bit easy. Like fighting against a massive
> room of knight-people was supposed to be really hard, but you just
> had to keep out the way and wait for the button to flash.

Sometimes it was hard to hit A at the right moment but I admit it was kinda cheap. Cool animation though :)
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:42
"period drama"
Tphi wrote:
> Minor Spoilers, just confirming Zelda & Ganon are in it, there's
> some big aspect like the sailing in WW we've yet to see, and that you
> can fish and glide on chickens.

Fishing!
Gliding!

Hurrah!

> Oh, and that the cool A-button command when you fight is back and
> enhanced. Forgotten it's name now.

Counter-attack?
I thought it made things a bit easy. Like fighting against a massive room of knight-people was supposed to be really hard, but you just had to keep out the way and wait for the button to flash.
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:41
Regular
"0228"
Majora's Mask was the first Zelda I played, still prefer OOT though.
Mon 25/04/05 at 17:39
"period drama"
Strafio wrote:
> I might remember wrong, but didn't you play Majora after Windwaker?

Yeah.
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> So far I found MM to be a pretty confusing muddle that's deterred me
> form playing it much.

The game really requires a lot of attention. It's not that complicated, but if you do a bit and then leave it for a while and come back you just get completely lost. Luckily I managed to do it without too much confusion, but there were a couple of times when I tried to do things I'd already done and so on. I really really enjoyed it - I think it is slightly better than Windwaker, but only because the dungeons are better and you get to ride a horse, although the fighting in WW is way better.

There is definitely a potential for a proper time scale element in this new Zelda. Something like the randomised schedules of NPCs from Oblivion, which coincide with wherever you are in the storyline, would certainly be nice.
Mon 25/04/05 at 16:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Some confirmed stuff from EGM magazine on Cubed3.co.uk now [URL]http://www.cubed3.com/viewnews.php?storyid=3743[/URL].

Minor Spoilers, just confirming Zelda & Ganon are in it, there's some big aspect like the sailing in WW we've yet to see, and that you can fish and glide on chickens.

Oh, and that the cool A-button command when you fight is back and enhanced. Forgotten it's name now.
Mon 25/04/05 at 11:43
Regular
I've stupidly never got around to playing Majoras Mask, I will do one of these days though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.