GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lego Star Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'LEGO Star Wars'.
Tue 26/04/05 at 08:58
Regular
Okay, I was hoping somebody else would start talking about this and I could casually join in without having to admit to anything, but as that hasn't happened, I have to admit... I bought a "kid's" game.

Excellent fun though! Anybody agree? I had a little fun on Episode III which managed to give away a few little plot details (there really aren't many left at all now for this movie) and also spent some time running through Episode I.

It might be simple stuff (well, it definitely is, even making TimeSplitters 3 look hard by comparison), but its somehow excellent fun and often quite funny. My only criticism so far is that duels between two human players tend to reach stalemate quite quickly because of the excellent blocking achieved by quick mashing of the square button. My advice: convince them you're working together then surprise the other player with some sneaky back sabering.

Any thoughts?
Tue 26/04/05 at 16:36
Regular
": ("
Looks crap.

:X
Tue 26/04/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Actually I meant a 2p co-op :)

Looks like a purchase in the non too distant future then!

Ta for the info
Tue 26/04/05 at 13:06
Regular
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> Just a big kid aren't you? :)

I admit it! Its true! :)

> A quick question from you, does it have a 2 player mode?

I don't yet know if it has a specific vs mode, but it definitely has a co-op mode. At any point in the game, a second player can press "start" and join in with the action. The only minor annoyance there is that the camera won't let you get too far apart, (at one point this led to a jump across a gap being cut short by the camera resulting in a long fall). Other than that its excellent fun, taking full advantage of the co-op potential (the usual use of the force/levers etc... to aid eachother across obstacles).

If you definitely want a vs mode though, then you can make your own (if there isn't a specific mode). Simply go into 2P co-op and attack eachother. There is no limit on lives - you just lose collectibles when you are smashed to pieces) so early in the levels, there's no harm in the odd duel.
Tue 26/04/05 at 12:54
So far played a few chapters, excellent. Stuck on the pod racer part at the moment.
Tue 26/04/05 at 11:52
Regular
"lets go back"
Sounds good. I think i'll wait for a few weeks or i'll never get any revision for my exams done.
Tue 26/04/05 at 11:50
Regular
There are space-flight sections too.
Tue 26/04/05 at 11:49
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive just watched a trailer for it and it looks really funny.

[URL]http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=srmr&page=title&r=PS2&title=565389[/URL]

Im going to have to get this soon. Is it all walking around hitting people with your light sabre, or do you get to fly the space ships too?
Tue 26/04/05 at 09:42
Regular
I played this at Gamestars Live last year. I thought it was excellent fun, although I still haven't bought it.

I may well rent it though.
Tue 26/04/05 at 09:41
I should get it today.
Tue 26/04/05 at 09:39
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Just a big kid aren't you? :)

Not had the pleasure of playing this game, but it has certainly caught my eye just because it's an interesting idea and 'different' from anything else out there in it's genre.

A quick question from you, does it have a 2 player mode?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.