GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lego Star Wars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'LEGO Star Wars'.
Tue 26/04/05 at 08:58
Regular
Okay, I was hoping somebody else would start talking about this and I could casually join in without having to admit to anything, but as that hasn't happened, I have to admit... I bought a "kid's" game.

Excellent fun though! Anybody agree? I had a little fun on Episode III which managed to give away a few little plot details (there really aren't many left at all now for this movie) and also spent some time running through Episode I.

It might be simple stuff (well, it definitely is, even making TimeSplitters 3 look hard by comparison), but its somehow excellent fun and often quite funny. My only criticism so far is that duels between two human players tend to reach stalemate quite quickly because of the excellent blocking achieved by quick mashing of the square button. My advice: convince them you're working together then surprise the other player with some sneaky back sabering.

Any thoughts?
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
£20? that's a bargin, thanks for the heads up.
Mon 09/05/05 at 10:49
Regular
SW Lego is £20 in Argos, at least it is in the White Rose Centre Argos in Leeds.

I may just grab it.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:49
"period drama"
Hardly original, though.
I'd go for Lego Star Wars out of the two ... just because it is something a bit different.
Fri 06/05/05 at 22:47
Regular
"Touched!"
oasismark wrote:
> The "real" EP III game is much much better plus there's
> clips from the film as well.
>
> I'd recommend the "real" ep III game one instead of the
> Lego one.

Got both and I'm really enjoying Episode 3. There's a lot you can do as in force powers and moves. Plus the two player co-op (missions not single player) and 2 player vs modes are a blast. I would recommend it. 8/10 for me! The voice acting sucks at times though.
Fri 06/05/05 at 13:40
Regular
I'm ashamed to say i want this.
Fri 06/05/05 at 13:39
Regular
I still want to get it, since being so impressed at GSL.
Fri 06/05/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Touched!"
I got my PC version of this today. Had a bash and I quite like it. It certainly captures the star wars feel very well!
Fri 06/05/05 at 10:05
Regular
I think a "single sitting" isn't giving the game enough credit. I agree that you could get through the levels in perhaps a long evening of play (longer than I have time for these days though), but even then, that doesn't include going back to find every piece of it. Pretty much all the levels will require a second play (one that will feel different as whole new areas become accessible to the new characters you can use in freeplay) so even now after many evenings of play I still haven't unlocked the mystery fourth door. (If you have, please don't tell me, I'm hoping its something interesting).
Wed 04/05/05 at 16:06
Regular
Sign me up the day they make a game based on Pirate lego.

Not interested in this Star Wars nonsense.
Wed 04/05/05 at 16:03
It's simple fun. You'll complete it easily within a single dedicated sitting; but that's not the point. Co-op is superb (you'll quick forget about the mission and fight each other instead), and all the levels can be played with your unlocked characters. Pushing C3PO off cliffs just doesn't lose it's appeal.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.