GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands you would of loved to of seen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 22:23
Regular
I was cycling through my extensive collection of mp3's and came across a few songs/bands that I hadn't heard in ages and it was great, only to be saddened by the fact that the band has now split up/ended career, I would of loved to see: -

Rage Against the Machine live, cause they're absolutely brilliant.

Well...?
Thu 12/02/04 at 00:52
Regular
"8==="
Apparently RATM were quite poor live.
Thu 12/02/04 at 00:55
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Apparently RATM were quite poor live.

Blasphemy! No, I did see them live on MTV one night and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although they only played a couple of songs, including the superb 'Bullet in the Head'.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:41
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'd have liked to have seen the Red Hot Chili Peppers live, a good 10-to-15-years-ago. I know they're still "around" now, but they just aren't the same anymore (like all bands, after numorous years).
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm, interesting point. Nowadays they play the more modern stuff, obviously. But then again, their best is Blood Sugar, and they still play that.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
But, they're still getting old - not younger.

I mean, Anthony Kieides is now 42! How much longer can they go on for?
How much longer can he perform to the same effect, on-stage? (Then again, if Ozzy Osbourne can still do it, I guess anyone can!)

I can't tell from experience, but I reckon it's always better when a songs "newer" and "fresher" to a band and everyone, since there's more of a "feeling" for it...

Then again, there are still some songs that sound great live no matter how old they are. Ever heard Me and My Friends, Fire or Blackeyed Blonde?

And yes, Blood Sugar Sex Magik is superb. I only sounds even better live (much like Suck My Kiss).
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm. I still wanna see them.
Thu 12/02/04 at 11:58
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I dunno about now, really... I mean, EVERYONE likes them, now. I don't really like By the Way (the album) too much - even my mate's mum's gone and bought their NEW `Greatest Hitsī CD! :o

I'd also have liked to have seen incubus live at some point, but, again, not neccesarily 'now'. Back in the mid-to-late 90's; before people started coming-and-going; when tracks from Fungus Amongus would still be regularly performed, live.

Now, though, I'm sure it'd only be A Crow Left of Murder and Morning View, with only Drive, Pardon Me and New Skin to have come from older albums.

They're not even 30, and yet, they still aren't the same anymore! :(
Thu 12/02/04 at 12:01
Regular
Nirvana and the Spice Girls.
Thu 12/02/04 at 12:02
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
---Maverick42 wrote:
---Meat Loaf live would be exhilirating.

LMAOROFLARSR!!!11!!!111
----------------

lol.
Thu 12/02/04 at 12:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> and the Spice Girls.

Were they Kurt's backing band?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.