GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bands you would of loved to of seen"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/02/04 at 22:23
Regular
I was cycling through my extensive collection of mp3's and came across a few songs/bands that I hadn't heard in ages and it was great, only to be saddened by the fact that the band has now split up/ended career, I would of loved to see: -

Rage Against the Machine live, cause they're absolutely brilliant.

Well...?
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:44
Regular
"Notable"
Cyclone wrote:
> Ju§t TinkŠ wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Nirvana - ULU. Was ok, never really got what the fuss was about to
> be
> honest, although Teen Spirit was excellent.
>
> I strongly disagree. Teen spirit was one of their "Radio
> friendly" songs. They've done much, much better songs.
>
> I think he meant 'live'.

And I ment both.
Mon 19/04/04 at 14:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Goatboy wrote:
> Faith No More - Brixton Academy. Fantastic. Patton is an insane
> frontperson, and L7 were entertaining enough support.

Saw them at the NEC with L7 supporting - was there a guy in a kilt just stood on stage all the way though L7's set when you saw them?

Saw FNM at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall, too, and it was the bestest concert evah!
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:54
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ministry & NIN - Brixton Academy. Loudest gig ever, bar none.

Goddamn. I had tickets for this gig but had to sell them due to a uni exam on the following day. (grrrrrr, jealous)
Mon 19/04/04 at 13:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ju§t TinkŠ wrote:
> Goatboy wrote:
> Nirvana - ULU. Was ok, never really got what the fuss was about to
> be
>
> I strongly disagree. Teen spirit was one of their "Radio
> friendly" songs. They've done much, much better songs.

I think he meant 'live'.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Notable"
As you say this, I'm currently watching the Nevermind tour in Amsterdam.
Mon 19/04/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Monkey_With_Attitude wrote:
> Far
> Will Haven
> Genesis
> Quicksand
> Sunny Day Real Estate
> Texas Is The Reason

Far would've been a great gig.

I've seen Will Haven. See em' supporting the Deftones a few years back. Very, very loud and bassy, but superb none-the-less.
Mon 19/04/04 at 10:58
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Goatboy wrote:
> Nirvana - ULU. Was ok, never really got what the fuss was about to be

When did they play ULU? I saw them at the Astoria and Kilburn National in '91. I thought they were fantastic. 'Drain You' live was something very special.
Mon 19/04/04 at 02:29
Regular
"Notable"
Goatboy wrote:
> Nirvana - ULU. Was ok, never really got what the fuss was about to be

I strongly disagree. Teen spirit was one of their "Radio friendly" songs. They've done much, much better songs.
Sun 18/04/04 at 23:44
Regular
I saw Ian Brown at King Georges Hall, Blackburn.

A lot of it was excellent, but one of the songs, I forget which, was truly terrible. It was completely out of tune and basically sounded like someone throwing a cat at a baby.

I love the stone roses though. Saw a tribute band called the (wait for it) 'clone roses'.

It featured a vietnamese Ian Brown.
Sun 18/04/04 at 23:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I'd love to have seen The Who, The Doors & Led Zeppelin.

Bands I have seen that ruled:
Rage Against The Machine - twice. Brixton Academy.
Whoever said they were supposed to be poor is mental, one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Dangerously violent atmosphere, especially when Zak tore into a security gaurd for punching a kid at the front, something along the lines of "There's 9 of you and 4000 of them, I don't rate your chances so ease up"

Faith No More - Brixton Academy. Fantastic. Patton is an insane frontperson, and L7 were entertaining enough support.

Clutch - numerous times, never disappoint.

Guns n Roses - Milton Keynes. Kept us waiting for almost 2 hours but still was an excellent hair-metal experience.

Ministry & NIN - Brixton Academy. Loudest gig ever, bar none.

Tool - Brixton & LA2. Awesome musicianship, superb show. Learned Bill Hicks had died at the LA2 show from Maynard telling the crowd between songs.

Nirvana - ULU. Was ok, never really got what the fuss was about to be honest, although Teen Spirit was excellent.

Christ...loads more but this is about fantasy gigs.

Worst gig I ever saw was The Stone Roses at the Gmex. Sloppy, messy gig and Brown bellowing like a wounded hippo.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.