GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 07:30
Regular
Finally got my copy delivered on Saturday - Brand new and still in cellophane!

W. O. W.

I remember this as being one of the greatest games of all time, but I don't remember it being THIS great! I truly am blown away by, yes, a PSOne game. It is now my favourite game of the moment and I'll definately not be getting rid of this baby again!

If you no longer own this, or have never played it, I strongly suggest you get hold of a copy - you won't be disappointed (unless last-gen graphics are a problem to you).

I'm only up to the bit where Shinra are trying to bring the plate down over Sector 7, but I can safely say I won't be on Live or PS2 Online for a while yet!

By the time I've finished this, I'll have Crystal Chronicles to get through too...

Anyhoo, please post your views/memories etc. of this game on here so I can see how many of you feel the same as me about this gem of a game.

I hope it is remade like the rumours say...
Tue 24/02/04 at 18:11
Regular
"what?"
use the chocobo materia, it won't deal a lot of damage but i'd have to say about 60 percent of the time it freezes the creature right up allowing you to beat the living hell out of him.
Tue 24/02/04 at 15:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
What i did was smash the magic side in first with my physical attacks and then just wail on the other with my summons.
Tue 24/02/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
ßulle†† wrote:
> Can you tell me what is the best strategy for killing the half
> magic/half physical monster in Sephiroth's mansion?

If Cyclones' way doesn't work, go back and use physical attacks first. I think that is how I did it.
Tue 24/02/04 at 13:30
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ifrit wrote:
> ok i think i'm the only one who doesn't know what the underwater
> materia is,

I don't remember any underwater materia either. I never bothered trying to beat that boss or breeding the Chocos up to get KOTR.
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:37
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Ah, I remember that beastie.
>
> Smash the magical side in with magic, physical in with physical.
>
> Magic first.
>
> I think.
>
> Ta-daaa!

D'oh! I knew that, but is there a strategy to it? You say Magic first eh? I'll give that a shot.

I remember trying the method of killing one side first, but the other side ended up killing me :(
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Oh, and I did everything in this game except for Gold Chocobo, the final boss and the two weapons.

How in God's name do you kill them?!!

EVIL!
Tue 24/02/04 at 12:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah, I remember that beastie.

Smash the magical side in with magic, physical in with physical.

Magic first.

I think.

Ta-daaa!
Tue 24/02/04 at 08:48
Regular
Can you tell me what is the best strategy for killing the half magic/half physical monster in Sephiroth's mansion? I'm not there yet, but It's where I gave up on the game last time I had it. I really want to complete it this time!
Mon 23/02/04 at 23:05
Regular
"what?"
ok i think i'm the only one who doesn't know what the underwater materia is, and i've plated this game overe and over, so what is it, where is it and how do i get it cause that emerald guy really ticks me off.
Mon 23/02/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Blank wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Once you've got the underwater materia for Emerald, it's just like
> any other boss fight.
>
> Am I the only one who didn't bother with that? I just went and did
> it, sod faffing around morphing ghost ships or whatever it is you
> have to do.

I did it just for the fact so that i could toy with Emerald a bit instead of having to smack him with KOTR straight off to avoid running out of time. Plus also i wouldn't be happy if i was just about to kill him and the timer hits 20 before i could get my attack off and i'd have to repeat it all again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.