GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 07:30
Regular
Finally got my copy delivered on Saturday - Brand new and still in cellophane!

W. O. W.

I remember this as being one of the greatest games of all time, but I don't remember it being THIS great! I truly am blown away by, yes, a PSOne game. It is now my favourite game of the moment and I'll definately not be getting rid of this baby again!

If you no longer own this, or have never played it, I strongly suggest you get hold of a copy - you won't be disappointed (unless last-gen graphics are a problem to you).

I'm only up to the bit where Shinra are trying to bring the plate down over Sector 7, but I can safely say I won't be on Live or PS2 Online for a while yet!

By the time I've finished this, I'll have Crystal Chronicles to get through too...

Anyhoo, please post your views/memories etc. of this game on here so I can see how many of you feel the same as me about this gem of a game.

I hope it is remade like the rumours say...
Fri 27/02/04 at 09:03
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Lukeman wrote:
> yeah, but you can also BREED a gold chocobo! It takes much longer but
> is much easier!! Truble is, wen u have it and use it to get KOTR you
> then don't need to beat Ruby Weapon nemore coz u have a gold chocobo,
> so there was no point in getting the gold chocobo....blimey this is
> confusing!!

Well, I suppose the satisfaction of beating the hardest monster in the game counts for something though...
Fri 27/02/04 at 07:43
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:

> Then take the book to a man in Kalm town (I think that's wat it's
> called - the 1st village you come to outside Midgar) He's upstairs in
> a house - he'll give you the Underwater Materia.

Rats - I remember collecting quite a few things that I just ignored. I never took anything back to him. I forgot all about him.
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ruby is there as the quick way to get a gold chocobo however it's the hard way. Breeding is there as the longest way to get a gold chocobo but also the easiest.

You have the option to do it the way you want
Thu 26/02/04 at 22:10
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I know you can breed a gold chocobo, that's the main way.
Thu 26/02/04 at 14:00
Regular
"You have a choice"
yeah, but you can also BREED a gold chocobo! It takes much longer but is much easier!! Truble is, wen u have it and use it to get KOTR you then don't need to beat Ruby Weapon nemore coz u have a gold chocobo, so there was no point in getting the gold chocobo....blimey this is confusing!!
Wed 25/02/04 at 22:46
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Lukeman wrote:
> To get the gold chocobo off him you need to get the "Desert
> Rose". Sounds easy enough until you ask someone how to get it.
> You can only aquire the Desert Rose by DEFEATING RUBY WEAPON!

And how do you kill Ruby Weapon? With KOTR. And how do you get KOTR? A gold chocobo....
Wed 25/02/04 at 21:28
Regular
"what?"
i remember getting that guide book before, i just had no idea what the hell it was i was supposed to do with it, well thanx all, now all i have to do is buy the damn game again.
Wed 25/02/04 at 13:29
Regular
"You have a choice"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> >You can also get a Gold chocobo off him, and a few other things - but
> I can't remember how.

To get the gold chocobo off him you need to get the "Desert Rose". Sounds easy enough until you ask someone how to get it. You can only aquire the Desert Rose by DEFEATING RUBY WEAPON!
Tue 24/02/04 at 23:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cyclone wrote:
> How in God's name do you kill them?!!

Strategies like using mime materia. Basically trying to get every turn onto KOTR.
Tue 24/02/04 at 19:01
"period drama"
Ifrit wrote:
> ok i think i'm the only one who doesn't know what the underwater
> materia is, and i've plated this game overe and over, so what is it,
> where is it and how do i get it cause that emerald guy really ticks
> me off.

You go down in the submarine under the water and go into the underwater reactor - it's on the bottom of the sea somewhere. In there you fight Ghost Ships (I remember fighting them in a long tunnel, where you can see the sea overhead) - you have to use morph and morph one into a Guide Book.

Then take the book to a man in Kalm town (I think that's wat it's called - the 1st village you come to outside Midgar) He's upstairs in a house - he'll give you the Underwater Materia.

You can also get a Gold chocobo off him, and a few other things - but I can't remember how.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.