GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 7"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/02/04 at 07:30
Regular
Finally got my copy delivered on Saturday - Brand new and still in cellophane!

W. O. W.

I remember this as being one of the greatest games of all time, but I don't remember it being THIS great! I truly am blown away by, yes, a PSOne game. It is now my favourite game of the moment and I'll definately not be getting rid of this baby again!

If you no longer own this, or have never played it, I strongly suggest you get hold of a copy - you won't be disappointed (unless last-gen graphics are a problem to you).

I'm only up to the bit where Shinra are trying to bring the plate down over Sector 7, but I can safely say I won't be on Live or PS2 Online for a while yet!

By the time I've finished this, I'll have Crystal Chronicles to get through too...

Anyhoo, please post your views/memories etc. of this game on here so I can see how many of you feel the same as me about this gem of a game.

I hope it is remade like the rumours say...
Sun 29/02/04 at 11:06
Regular
i am enjoying FF-X2, and if i'm stuck i go train up or do a different mission.
I enjoyed FFX alot, it was a masterpiece, ok not as good as FF7, but it was a masterpiece, i mean everything that was set out to be done and evrything that was in the game is done to perfection. ok u can argue that there was not much freedom and that it was mainly cinamatic, but that was what it was, a cinamtic game in which the plot led u through.
if you play it with this frame of mind it is an extreamly good game, experience and well worth 40 or (as it is now) 20 quid.
Sat 28/02/04 at 14:55
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
UPGRADE wrote:
> At last another human with a few braincells (im talking about the
> bloke below chris mead)But i dont agree with it being to hard its
> just crap

Just because someone doesn't like the same games as you doesn't make them less of a 'brainy' person. Different people like different games and if everyone liked the same games, where would the fun be in that? I agree that FFX-2 isn't as good as FF7 but I still think that FFX-2 is addictive and fun.
Sat 28/02/04 at 12:38
Regular
Ok we will agree to disagree but in my opinion if you want to play a good FF game buy FF7 its really cheap now and will probably be my fav game for life (in the FF series)
Sat 28/02/04 at 12:27
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
UPGRADE wrote:
> oh please ffx-2 is great NO ITS NOT ITS CRAP.FF7 is the best in the
> series and the rest have gradually got worse 8 was good 9 was ok 10
> was rubbish and 10-2 is crap.

Thanks for the complement but i don't agree i thought that 8 was crap 9 was fun and 10 was brilliant
Sat 28/02/04 at 12:23
Regular
At last another human with a few braincells (im talking about the bloke below chris mead)But i dont agree with it being to hard its just crap
Sat 28/02/04 at 12:06
Regular
"Eternal Pain"
i have to agree, i think FFX-2 really isn't as good as it could of been, mainly because of two reasons:
1) It is far to hard, i just can't beat the magus sisters.
2)They've tried to change to much and lost the essence of Final Fantasy.
Sat 28/02/04 at 11:53
Regular
oh please ffx-2 is great NO ITS NOT ITS CRAP.FF7 is the best in the series and the rest have gradually got worse 8 was good 9 was ok 10 was rubbish and 10-2 is crap.
Sat 28/02/04 at 10:42
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
UPGRADE wrote:
> Ive had ffx-2 for less than a week and ive decided to sell it because
> its crap so im going to use some of the money and buy ff7 again.Ive
> completed it before and i remember it being the best game ive ever
> played.

I think FFX2 is a great game. It's not up to the standards of FF7 but it is still good.
Sat 28/02/04 at 00:57
Regular
"accidental superher"
why do you find FFX-2 crap?? i really like the change in combat system...it rules
Fri 27/02/04 at 23:05
Regular
Ive had ffx-2 for less than a week and ive decided to sell it because its crap so im going to use some of the money and buy ff7 again.Ive completed it before and i remember it being the best game ive ever played.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.