GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SUPERBOWL XXXVIII"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/02/04 at 19:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
well, well, well. american footballs biggest match of the season is upon us.

carolina panthers vs. new england patriots

unfortunately, i dont think it will be the best ever. both teams are quite defensive, but its got them this far. the 2 quaterbacks have to be watched out for (both likely MVPs- most valuable player). delhomme(panthers) is quite a few peoples favorite. also this year, running backs have been more effective than wide receivers, so we can see some big runs and thumping hits. it lasts about 4 hours (hour long half time with britany spears) so its an all nighter.

if you havent ever watched it before, i suggest you watch the first quarter to get a feel of it. you might hate it because its quite slow, but i think its quite a spectacle.

SKY SPORTS 1 -10pm (11pm kick off) to about 2ish am
not great to go into work after, but still.

i reckon itll be the patriots (favorites) by 10.
Tue 03/02/04 at 16:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Don't know if you guys got the post game interviews back in England but did anyone hear the league commissoner going on about the half time show?

*It was offensive to us and to our fans, and i can guarantee something like this won't happen again*

For god sakes is this 2004 or 1954? It was a breast that got bared not everything else, sure if Jackson suddenly got naked on the stage then it might have been offensive for the little kiddies watching who'd be asking their parents some embarrasing questions but it was just a accident that happened. You'd think the man had never seen one in his life before.

And obviously the players didn't mind it seeing as Tom Brady said about the halftime show:

*no i didn't see it, i was in the back so i missed it..........wish i had seen it though*

I mean come on there's people dying in the world what's all the fuss about Janet Jackson showing her fun bag?
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:46
Regular
"bit of a brain"
When Mcnabb got taken out that was basically the end of it for the Eagles. They had about 4 chances, but didn't take any of them because they didn't have McNabb to lead the team properly. And Koy Detmer didn't do a bad job but he hasn't started a game since last postseason and he was never gonna be able to pull it out of the bag. I just hope the Eagles bounce back and get another NFC championship game next year.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
gerriod_the_princess wrote:

> I wasn't so hyped about this superbowl, bust because I am still upset
> about the Eagles (my team) losing because McNabb got injured. If we
> didn't turn it over twice in the last 2 possessions, we would have
> won that game. But my guess is that none of you fair-weather fans
> even know what I'm talking about so I'll move on.

Yea i'll agree with that, as soon as McNabb got injured that took away his running ability and so half the danger for the Panthers. But seeing as it was his ribs that were hurt his passing game couldn't have been up to much either so basically the Eagles were going at around 25% power.

Of course though the touchdown Panthers scored, with Mohammed i believe, was down to just god awful coverage, 2 players were near him, one of them should have been there to swat it away or intercept it.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And Madden is easily the best sports game ever. I'm on my 6th season with the Mexico City Mexicohawks (I moved the Seahawks to Mexico City, and now they play in brown and yellow). I play it on all-madden and I haven't lost a game in 6 seasons! One day I might lose, but at the moment, I'm something like 130-0-0.

But you should all buy it.
Number 1 selling game of 2003 for a reason.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
To me, Der Nazi seems like an absolute traggot, and he looks like a small worm with no eyes that squirms around on the floor. I've never actually seen him, but that's how it seems to me.

I wasn't so hyped about this superbowl, bust because I am still upset about the Eagles (my team) losing because McNabb got injured. If we didn't turn it over twice in the last 2 possessions, we would have won that game. But my guess is that none of you fair-weather fans even know what I'm talking about so I'll move on.

I was predicting an extremely boring match. I know He Hate Me and Jake Delhomme have a certain amount of sparkle, but the New England Patriots are the most boring team in any sport I've ever seen. No matter what Tom Brady, Antwan Smith or Ty Law do, it just seems so boring. Even their uniform is boring. I was expecting them to win by a field goal because that's all they can do.
And in the first half, I was 100% right.

The second half though, had me jumping up everytime the Panthers scored, and when they got their interception, I had to dampen my shouts because it was 3 in the morning.
But somehow, when I saw 1:08 on that clock after the panthers scored, I knew EXACTLY what would happen. I just can't believe that returner didn't fair catch the kick off right at the end and give Jake one last chance.

Still, it's been an amazing season, and next year will be just as good I predict, especially if Mike Vick is back and all those rubbish teams get a decent coach and can pull their game back up.
I'm just sad that I have to wait another 8 months before more NFL.
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Can't say I like American football: To me, it looks like rugby for
> idiots and weak people, with all the armour. I've never seen a game,
> I just don't like the look of it.

Well it's good to see you can come to that expert analysis without having watched a game of it.

If you watched a game you would see it's far more dangerous than rugby, for the recievers at least. You're there jumping up to catch a ball and then when you're bringing it down you get pummeled by a 240 pound giant straight in the chest. Without the padding the average american football players career would probably last a season if they're lucky.
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Oh, and go and buy Madden 2004, y'all. Easily the best sports game
> around.
>
> djerrud will agree.

I'd definitly agree with that too. Some time in my life i might actually get round to doing a whole 30 year franchise.
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:32
"Darkness, always"
I find American Football intensely boring to watch, and the players even more full of themselves than the average 'soccer' player.
Mon 02/02/04 at 17:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Can't say I like American football: To me, it looks like rugby for idiots and weak people, with all the armour. I've never seen a game, I just don't like the look of it.
Mon 02/02/04 at 16:43
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Grandprix wrote:
> I can't say I've ever sat down and watched a game of American football
> but I decided to watch this one. I'm learning the rules and it's
> pretty interesting.

Stick with it - it's a great sport when you know what's happening. I tried to teach Azul and get him to watch matches/play Madden, but he got all buggery and couldn't be assed. Don't follow his example.

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.