GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Who was the best signing FOR THEIR NEW CLUB of the transfer window?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 31/01/04 at 16:45
"LOLLERSKATES!"
well, who is it. here are the nominations:
player from to fee

1. jose antonio reyes sevilla - arsenal £21M

2. louis saha fulham - man utd £12.9M

3. scott parker charlton - chelsea £10.1M

4. nobby solano newcastle - aston villa £1.5M

5. peter cech rennes - chelsea £9M (end of season)

6. collins johnathon ??? - fulham £2M

7. brian mcbride metrostars - fulham £2.1M

and, thats about it. an empty transfer window to say the least, and the top 3 clubs are rerally the only ones spending. remember, who you vote for:

1. who will have the biggest effect on their new club
2. who is the best bargain
3. which was the suprise
4. who is the best of them
5. which players move will have the biggest effet on their old club
6. suprise player who hasnt moved.

i vote for:

1. jose antonio reyes
2. nolberto solano
3. scott parker
4. jose antonio reyes
5. scott parker
6. nicky butt
Tue 03/02/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Colourless"
Yes its all down to us. Because Man Utd haven't spent any money, and pretty much branded football. They spent 30 million pounds, on one english moron, who can't even turn up for a drugs test.

And yet, people still think its only chelsea who are ruining the game.
Tue 03/02/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
No, I think your just moaned at because you're spoiling the game.
Tue 03/02/04 at 19:58
Regular
"Colourless"
First we're moaned at for buying foreign.

Now we're moaned at for buying english.

You just can't win with some people....
Tue 03/02/04 at 17:02
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Biggie Little™ wrote:
> my mistake, its collins john.

Hahahahah.

John Collins, surely. Who has actually been at Fulham for three years.

I remember he scored for us at the World Cup against Brazil. Therefore he = great.
Mon 02/02/04 at 22:34
Regular
Biggie Little? wrote:
> solskjaer wrote:
> >Whatever happened to £13m French-international Sylvain
> Wiltord, eh??? ;D
>
> that was a waste of money. a rare flop signing by arsene wenger, who
> has confirmed his time at arsenal is over and will leave in the
> summer.

Reyes is 20 and full of talent but give him time.
I don't think Wiltord was that 'great' at all he never hit top form plus he thinks he play upfront but he doesnt score enough to take up that position he's better at right mid but still he can't cross or run properly down the pitch without losing the ball needlessly sometimes leading to us conceding goals. But we should thank him for that goal at the Theatre of the Gooners that won us the double in 01/02 season.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:24
"LOLLERSKATES!"
when i said "his time at arsenal is over", i meant for sylvan wiltord. i am sure that is a relief for arsenal fans, coz it looked like i meant wenger is going. which he aint.
Mon 02/02/04 at 18:23
"LOLLERSKATES!"
solskjaer wrote:
>Whatever happened to £13m French-international Sylvain Wiltord, eh??? ;D

that was a waste of money. a rare flop signing by arsene wenger, who has confirmed his time at arsenal is over and will leave in the summer.
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Collins John... It's funny, because John Collins used to play for them, too! Imagine the confusion if he was still there...

"John, boy! No, not you Collins - I'm talking to JOHN, boyo!"

:D
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
And, I know I've had a little go-on about him and how we "could've done better" (which I still believe), but in Saturday's game against Souhtampton, I saw many-a good thing in Louis Saha.

When we think of him, we think of "that goal-scorer from Craven Cottage", when, infact, we're forgetting he begun his career as more of a `winger´ (like Henry and Bellion), as he was in his short-stay with Newcastle.

This, in my opinion, gives him a good chance of being the "ideal" man to play behind Ruud van Nistelrooy in that supporting-role; given that Paul Scholes NEEDS to be back in the centre of our midfield, where he belongs.

Saha DID much to impress me, though. I had a feeling he'd score, somehow, but, in the highlights I saw, he played a great part as a "team-player"; and not the glory-hunting self-centred Frenchman you'd come to expect after the number we've seen imported across the Channel (manly to Arsénal, of course).

My opinions on him have changed, though. I'm a lot more willing to actually give him a real chance at this. I think he could really do a great job, over time - even if he's still no `Eric Cantona´. And, anyway; with the game in the state it's in today, the No.9 shirt means `a lot less than what it used to´.

He deserves the time I'm going to give him. Good luck, Louis Saha! :D
(However, I still have doubts about him in Europe.... :P )

As for Reyes, though, what a reception for a man they clearly know nothing about! Just goes to show you how a large transfer-fee and some over-exagerration from the media can instantly make a `nobody´ "as good as Henry". He will prove to be a good signing, however. I have no doubts about that. I just like to laugh at how they love him for simply SIGNING for the club when no-one else would! :D

Whatever happened to £13m French-international Sylvain Wiltord, eh??? ;D
Mon 02/02/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Scott Parker would easily be a great signing for any club... But, not Chelski. I mean, they already have enough. Like Joe Cole, he just isn't gonna get enough games. His 'hopes and dreams' will soon dissapear and he'll become "happy" to pick-up his thousands-of-pounds each-week before demaning at least twice-as-much with his move away from Stamford Bridge, in the summer of 2005.

Frank Lampard, Claude Makelele, Emmanuel Petit, Joe Cole, Geremi, Juan Veron.... Where does Scott Parker fit into all of this???

Ranieri has Lampard as his ever-present "complete midfielder". Alongside him, would you rather have `Real Madrid's´ FRENCHman Makelele? Or maybe England's hot-headed Charlton-boy in Parker...?

Once again, Chelsea are on their way to ruining another once-promising future-international talent for England! :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.