GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'I wanna know the facts'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/01/04 at 19:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
Come on Bell. Justify the war that was started by a man who has no clue why he went to war (by his own admission).
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:33
Regular
"um..."
The War in Iraq is Americas problem our boys should be brought back leave America there to sort the problem out.

People are mostly satisfied that we have removed one of the worst regimes in the world, however was it wrong to send our boys out there with the wrong kit? yes was there too many friendly fire incidents? yes were the reasons for the war unfounded (WMD)? Yes (SO-FAR, WMD could still be found) in reality has this war made the world a safer place? No, almost daily we are told about the terrorist threat and of suicide bombings.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:34
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Indeed, despite the fact that WMD will probably never surface, i still think the war done a good deed.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:37
"Mimmargh!"
I must admit, the sheer buffoonery of America in regards to friendly fire incidents, from every war from World War II to Gulf War II, never fails to amaze me.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:38
"Mimmargh!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Indeed, despite the fact that WMD will probably never surface, i still
> think the war done a good deed.

That would be the utilitarian justification. I.e. more people are made happy than unhappy.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:45
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Decoy Octopus wrote:
> The War in Iraq is Americas problem our boys should be brought back
> leave America there to sort the problem out.

Really? Because 60 years ago this year tens of thousands of Americans put their lives on the line, and died by the score, to help liberate Europe. And y'know what? Just 63 years ago America considered the Second World War Europe's problem. In fact on the very day that Pearl Harbour was attacked US politicians were making that case to the media.

Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Syria, terrorism....these are GLOBAL problems and any idea that we in the UK can stand by and do nothing and be okay is stupidity of the highest level. For years successive Presidents had made only vague attempts to hit Al Qaeda and the Taliban, Clinto's stock response to any of their attacks was to fire a couple of Cruise missiles and that was it. 9/11 happened. That is what you get for sticking your head in the sand and hoping it all goes away...
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:07
Regular
"um..."
America's war was with Japan, they CHOSE to help europe. Our country does not have to join America in every single war. How has the war with Iraq helped our country? sure you can say that terrorism is a global problem but our country is now MORE at risk after attacking Iraq.

Besides if America was interested at stopping terrorism throughout the world where is the involvement with Israel and Palestine?
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:12
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Decoy Octopus wrote:
> Besides if America was interested at stopping terrorism throughout
> the world where is the involvement with Israel and Palestine?

Erm, do the words "road" and "map" mean anything?
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:13
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Not if you're female.
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:18
Regular
"um..."
Belldandy wrote:
> Erm, do the words "road" and "map" mean anything?

Directional aids?

America has been trying this for ages it has already fallen to pieces once and the likelihood is that unless Israel gives land to the Palestinians (which it won't) the problem will never be resolved
Fri 30/01/04 at 21:45
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
English_Bloke wrote:
> It is not America’s job to police the world. I am sure that they will
> stick their nose in somewhere that it is not wanted and start
> something that will end existence as we know it.

As others have said, if not America, who??? The UN, well, i think the former Yugoslavia is a big example of their failure. And no other country has the military to enforce a united will on, say, a rogue state. I think that NATO can do a good job, when it's allowed to.

Also, Bloke, you criticise the US for sticking their nose in, well, just take a minute to think what the world might be like if they didn't over the years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.