GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'I wanna know the facts'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/01/04 at 19:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
Come on Bell. Justify the war that was started by a man who has no clue why he went to war (by his own admission).
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
Come on Bell. Justify the war that was started by a man who has no clue why he went to war (by his own admission).
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:12
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Erm, we removed a regime that has killed, based on the number of bodies found so far, upwards of 1/2 million of it's own people in 12 years and overseen the torture, false imprisonment and rape of million more. The same regime which killed scores of Kuwaiti's in 1990 and took 500 back to Iraq in 1991 who were never found, who massacred the Kurdish population with WMD, invaded neighbours twice, caused an environmental disaster in the Gulf which was one of the worst of the century, which pursued WMD and sought to hide that pursuance, which claimed sanctions were strangling the country whilst the regime itself lived it up in palaces and banked billions of dollars, which was developing new missiles in contravention of UN resolutions, which tortured allied POW's in 1991... do I have to continue? But hey, Iraq was no threat to you in the UK so why the hell should we care eh?

Sure, not the only regime like this in existence, but taking one down is a start and I'm pretty sure that the future will see others fall one way or the other.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:47
Regular
In-bloody-deed.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:51
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Belldandy wrote:
> Sure, not the only regime like this in existence, but taking one down
> is a start and I'm pretty sure that the future will see others fall
> one way or the other.

It is not America’s job to police the world. I am sure that they will stick their nose in somewhere that it is not wanted and start something that will end existence as we know it.
Fri 30/01/04 at 19:53
Regular
*cue Light/Goatboy entrance*
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Notable"
HHAT said : I wanna know the facts.

www.hookedonfacts.com
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> It is not America’s job to police the world. I am sure that they will
> stick their nose in somewhere that it is not wanted and start
> something that will end existence as we know it.

Then whose? The UN? Yeah they kicked ass in Somalia! Erm, well actually they were besieged in their own enclaves. And in the Balkans? Wow I bet all those refugees were cheering as the Serbs shot at them whilst the UN troops jumped in their APCs and drove off...

We need someone to police the world who will take action, because the people who would see this world go to hell only respect action and not treaties and resolutions issued in places half a world away.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:17
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I wonder if your views would be the same if the war had directly affected you or a member of your family.

You can't answer that and it's not even a question, but it's just something I was thinking.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:30
"Mimmargh!"
English_Bloke wrote:
> It is not America’s job to police the world.

They clearly think it is. The USA learned in 1941 that you can't stick your head in the sand and hope everything works out. Thats the whole point of this war, whether you agree or not, America though it was enabling their security by destroying the Baathist regime in Iraq.

For strategic reasons in my opinion. It was probably neither about weapons, oil or humanitarian reasons. It was political influence and change. George Bush openly admits he wants to see democracy in the Middle East. Iraq was an easy target due to being bombed for 10 years. The US can now move its troops from Saudi Arabia to Iraq (one primary motive for September the 11th) and build a showcase for democracy (think West Berlin) to try and 'culture flip' Iran and others to more democratic politics. Democracies have never been at war with one another. Thus democracy in the Middle East could solve the USA's problems.

This may come crashing down in World War III but in my opinion the above is at least the primary motive for the U.S. to invade Iraq. Britain of course scores brownie points, not the great empire it was it gets at least some influence by joining the U.S. France etc on the other hand have only diminished their influence and status. The UK may be Americas minion but that is probably better than either its enemy or estranged cousin.

And it has also destroyed a contemptable regime for a less evil one, which is generally good in my opinion, even if it was not the actual motive of the powers that be.
Fri 30/01/04 at 20:32
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Your right, I can't answer that.

It's no secret that the MOD failed to adequately supply many of our forces in the war and that just is not right. Those people are fighting miles from home, by their own will, and many do not have the right equipment to do so. Some died because of this lack of equipment.

Say what you like about the American military but in terms of equipment and supply they have it pretty much flawless - all their personnel are equipped with body armour and their Humvee vehicles take far more punishment than the jeeps we use. In an urban environment I would of thought the enclosed Humvee was far better than our jeeps are.

In many ways we, the West, created the Iraqi regime, and it seems some small measure of atonement that we finally destroyed it. Even so there are still tens of millions of people whose lives are absolute hell because no one will step in and help them because they happen to live somewhere that those in power have little interest in. Unless, bit by bit, those people are helped, I believe that the future will be very grim indeed.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.