GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy VII: The Advent Children"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/01/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Moody DJ"
The public are CRYING out for a remake of Final Fantasy 7 for the PS2 or something, and what do Square give us? Another movie.

Ok, on one hand its nice to have Cloud and Sephiroph (who IS the best bad guy of all FF history) back BUT its such a shame that its not a game. Severeal continents would explode at the prospect of a proper sequel to that...
Wed 28/01/04 at 09:49
Regular
Widge wrote:
> My personal ideal solution would for it to be a title that appears on
> the PSP. Being able to wander round Midgar and the like while sat on
> the bus going to work, nipping off for a Final Fantasy poo break
> etc...

Now that is a good idea. Suggest it to Square - who knows what may happen...
Wed 28/01/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Moody DJ"
Not denying that its a fooking class game, I personally love it and was helping someone through it who hadn't played it before last year. They loved it too.

I just would love to see how it would appear using the graphical grunt of the PS2.

My personal ideal solution would for it to be a title that appears on the PSP. Being able to wander round Midgar and the like while sat on the bus going to work, nipping off for a Final Fantasy poo break etc...
Wed 28/01/04 at 09:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
If newer gamers overlook it solely on the graphics they don't deserve it!
Wed 28/01/04 at 06:37
Regular
I'm grabbing the original as soon as I can find a copy.

If it gets revamped (on PS3 rather than PS2) then I'll probably buy that too.
Wed 28/01/04 at 05:35
Regular
"Monochromatic"
here is a conversation between me and a friend.

f. im bored i need some more games to play.

me. play final fantasy 7,its the best game ever.

f: never heard of it, what type of game is it?

m: rpg

f: sounds good,what console is it for?

m: playstation

f: ps2?

m: no the first one

f: what! how old is it?

m: 7 years old

f: get lost!,its completly out of date,it must look like crap

these are the type of people it needs to be remade for.
someone said something about saving it for future generations,but they wont play it unless it looks up to date.
Tue 27/01/04 at 19:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why does everyone demand a remake? It was perfect, and still is. You don't remake Casablanca, you don't remake the White Album, you don't remake Final Fantasy VII.

I don't even want Advent Children. Anything they do is bound to bring the average down. Some people need to learn when to stop.
Tue 27/01/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Never new it was on amiga I played it on PC wasn't bad theres one thing where I was running from cannibles and accidently fell of a cliff edge and then bounced back up and the guy said "Rubber tree".
Tue 27/01/04 at 16:59
Regular
"Moody DJ"
nah! its CD up to DVD storage, Final Fantasy 10 would have been MASSIVE if they had stuck it out on CDs.

God, I remember the days of Monkey Island II on the Amiga in all its 24 disc glory. A game designed for people who liked to press eject buttons and watch things load.
Tue 27/01/04 at 16:56
Regular
"Enchilladas"
Acctually if they did update the game with new graphics it would be like a 8 disk game. Damn that's alot of disks.

*Imagine's*
Tue 27/01/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Moody DJ"
On a side note, if FF7 ever did receive an update, I DEMAND that the line 'This guy are sick' is kept in there for nostalgia purposes...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.