GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect films"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/01/04 at 00:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'll start the ball rolling:

Se7en

Re-watched it today after reading an article in Hotdog magazine, and was absolutely bessoted with every frame, every word. Simply one of those perfect films that will sit with me for the rest of my life.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:49
Regular
"relocated"
Oh, wait:

It's A Wonderful Life - tears to a glass eye etc etc.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:47
Regular
"relocated"
I think that Lost In Translation might be perfect too. I'm going to see it again to check.

But, yeah, definitely Ferris Bueller, The Princess Bride, La Haine, The Third Man, Fargo, The Usual Suspects and probably some others.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:44
Regular
"relocated"
H²O wrote:
> Ferris Bueller's Day Off
>
>
> NEVER. EVER. GETS. OLD.

True, so true.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Oh, and Mallrats. Perfect in every way.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:40
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'll go with Shawshank too, and possibly Pulp Fiction too.

Fight Club... hmm, dunno. I love it, even more than Se7en but it just doesn't seem perfect to me. Too long, and I don't really like Edward Norton. But still, one of my favourite films of the last 5 years.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:32
Regular
"SOUP!"
Never seen it... barely heard of it...
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:14
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
High Fidelity springs to mind.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
J Nash wrote:
> Reservoir Dogs.

The ending was a little obvious.

"It was meee" BANG!
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Azul wrote:
> Paradox: wrote:
> Fight Club
>
> What the hell have you been smoking?

Thats beside the point.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> I know it's your opinion, but The Last Castle is far from movie
> perfection. Entertaining? quite,but perfection? no way hosee.
>
> For starters if it was perfect then it wouldn't have such a cheesy,
> patriotic ending.

Every time there is a thread where we get to post our own films I say this one, mostly because nobody has ever heard of it and I want to see all mysterious "oooh".

Yeah the ending is a little cheesy but is still good how the fat guy gets downsized and loses his job. It does fit together nicely, from that guys rock hurling through the window to the water cannon. It's all good. When you compare it to something that gets a lot of the limelight, namely anything with Hugh Grant in it, it is fully of clichés and thus imperfect. The Last Castle's only Cliché is the stars and stripes flying at the end which is a bit annoying to us brits, but I guarantee is had the americans jumping on their porches yelling "GOD BLESS USA!"

The end

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.