GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect films"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/01/04 at 00:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'll start the ball rolling:

Se7en

Re-watched it today after reading an article in Hotdog magazine, and was absolutely bessoted with every frame, every word. Simply one of those perfect films that will sit with me for the rest of my life.
Mon 26/01/04 at 12:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Braindead.

Not a big budget film. Definitely not classy. Crap actors. But the overall pace is excellent, which is what I like about films. A perfectly timed mix of gore, excitement and humour.
Mon 26/01/04 at 12:30
"Darth Vader 3442321"
One flew over the Cuckoo's nest
Mon 26/01/04 at 11:05
Regular
Ravenous
Memento
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Enter the Dragon
Evil Dead 2
Terminator 2
The Matrix
Mon 26/01/04 at 00:12
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The one time I saw Se7en, I thought it sucked. This was back when it came out though, I may have to dig it out again.

I don't particularly like watching films, but I would say the Matrix, Leon, Hunt for Red October and very recently Nick of Time have all impressed upon me the art of good cinema. There are several I'm forgetting though.
Sun 25/01/04 at 22:41
Regular
Paradox: wrote:
> Then no film is truly perfect.

Agreed. Nothing is completely perfect. Not one film in this topic is completely perfect. I could even find a flaw in The Matrix.
Sun 25/01/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
> WHY OH WHY havent I seen Shawshank redemption!?

Yes: why haven't you?

The Shawshank Redemption. Ignored at the OSCARs, it's popularity was spread by word of mouth and recommendation. Sits in the number two spot of the IMDb list of films, as voted by the public. And not a single piece of CGI, no car chases and only two gunshots fired in the entire film.
Sun 25/01/04 at 22:07
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
> Then no film is truly perfect. They all have flaws in them, minor as
> they may be.

That's why it's "perfect films" and not "quite good ones". You can't fault The Apartment. You can't fault Rear Window.
Sun 25/01/04 at 21:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Green Mile, thats pretty beefed up.

The Great Escape, thats pretty unbeatable too - why would they show it every christmas if it wasnt THAT good?

And finally

WHY OH WHY havent I seen Shawshank redemption!?
Sun 25/01/04 at 21:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
Then no film is truly perfect. They all have flaws in them, minor as they may be.

Pulp Fiction, ahh now theres a cinematic masterpiece. God bless Tarintino.
Sun 25/01/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Paradox:• wrote:
> Yeah the ending is a little cheesy

Aha, so technically, it isn't perfect.
AHA!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.