GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect films"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 25/01/04 at 00:04
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'll start the ball rolling:

Se7en

Re-watched it today after reading an article in Hotdog magazine, and was absolutely bessoted with every frame, every word. Simply one of those perfect films that will sit with me for the rest of my life.
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah, I might let him off for Adaptation - even though I haven't seen it yet! I really want to though - double the spoonface!
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
In fact I'd go as far as saying I consider him a good actor :)
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> I hate Nic Cage.

He's great in both roles in "Adaptation", which is also a fantastic movie.
Also "leaving Las Vegas", "Raising Arizona" and "Wild at heart".
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I hate Nic Cage.
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> As far as action movies go, I like to think that The Rock got it
> almost perfect.

I'd agree with you up until the action parts. Micheal Bays "lets have no shot any longer than a second, and throw the camera all over the place" direction gives me a huge headache. Same thing happened in "Bad Boys 2."

Still, "The Rock" is far better than Nick Cages other action attempt, "Con Air" which I watched and laughed at on Sunday night.
Tue 27/01/04 at 14:23
Regular
"not dead"
Se7en was one of the first DVD's I got. Absolutely fantastic.

The Lost Boys is another I'd put up there. Cool characters, slight twist at the end, fantastic finishing line, great soundtrack.

As far as action movies go, I like to think that The Rock got it almost perfect.

You've got plenty of conflict throughout the film, between Connery and Cage, between Ed Harris and the other mercs, and the Government and their past with Connery too. Then there's the dialogue, which is fantastic, and the action scenes are all rather cool.

Back to the Future Trilogy I can't fault in any way, and can watch over and again, enjoying it thoroughly each time.
Tue 27/01/04 at 09:41
Regular
It's a long time since I watched se7en. I didn't really get into it either (probably wasn't paying much attention).

I'll probably give it another watch soon.
Tue 27/01/04 at 09:37
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
The bods at New Line didn't like the original...

*SPOILER*

... head in a box ending. They wanted to end it with Mills and Somerset catching John Doe climbing through Mills' window to get Tracey. How lame would that be? Apparently they even suggested they changed Tracey's head to one of his dogs' heads instead. Oh, the rage!
Tue 27/01/04 at 09:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Insane Bartender wrote:
> Se7en is quite possibly one of the dullest films I have ever seen.

I went to see it while I had an ear infection, in a run down flea pit theatre (falling to bits) on a dull day where it rained constantly.

It certainly added to the atmosphere. Its an excellent movie.

http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/seven_early.html

An early draft of the movie. Its terrible, but a good read as it shows how the film evolved from something that could have sucked.
Tue 27/01/04 at 09:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> Se7en is quite possibly one of the dullest films I have ever seen.

You have a funny definition of the word 'dull'. Murder, gore, inventive violence, prolonged torture, fully rounded characters, a brilliant film noir style and the best ending in modern film history.

Van Damme films are dull. This is wicked.

"What's in the baaaahhhhx?"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.