GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix Deluxe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/01/04 at 23:31
Regular
Some of you may know that The Matrix is by far the greatest film I've ever seen, and up until today I was the proud owner of the two disc collectors edition. Now that's going up on eBay to make way for this:

http://www.dvdbulletin.co.uk/reviews/129/

Just ordered it from an online retailer who will remain anonymous for obvious reasons. What's the most exciting part of it though, is all the collectables you receive. Lobby stills, black and white stills, an original Senitype, which is basically an image from the film with one frame of the corresponding 35mm film and an original theatrical full size movie poster. I couldn't click "buy" fast enough.

Anyone else have this?
Sun 25/01/04 at 18:55
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Maverick42 wrote:
> Meh.
>
> Why would I buy something for it's value? I'm gonna stick the poster
> up on my wall and be happy with it. If it's REALLY nice, I might get
> a cheap frame... But it'd have to be REALLY nice.

Because otherwise it's an expensive dvd, lobby cards and poster. If you wanted a poster then movie ones are easy to get cheaply, as are lobby cards on eBay. These sets are only worth having as collectors items to my mind, hence I'd never bother.
Sun 25/01/04 at 18:53
Regular
Really? I get confused.

Oh and can you please not listen to Busted when I'm sleeping? It really is quite disturbing.
Sun 25/01/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I think you'll find that my half of our mind cracked the multiple disc joke first.

Roar, etc.
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:40
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> Mystique wrote:
> Personally, I'd rather spend the forty quid on the trilogy boxset.
>
> Did I say that out loud? Anyway: yes ... even though I've already got
> the first two.
>
> I have to grit my teeth any time I see a Lord Of The Rings DVD on
> sale - I'm saving myself for the 429 disc trilogy boxset with 47
> years of extra footage. *
Yes, I did.
I liked the Matrix Trilogy, and one shall buy the boxset if and when it's released.
And...you so stole that LotR disc joke thingy from me...but that's ok cos we share a brain so it's bound to happen now and again.
Sun 25/01/04 at 17:37
Regular
Meh.

Why would I buy something for it's value? I'm gonna stick the poster up on my wall and be happy with it. If it's REALLY nice, I might get a cheap frame... But it'd have to be REALLY nice.
Sun 25/01/04 at 15:03
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Even so, you could never use the poster because if you do then it wrecks the value (and it must be folded as well so not that great) but hey, if you like it then ignore everyone else because I'll guarantee you could also point to something they have bought as not being worth the cash.
Sun 25/01/04 at 13:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mystique wrote:

Did I say that out loud? Anyway: yes ... even though I've already got the first two.

I have to grit my teeth any time I see a Lord Of The Rings DVD on sale - I'm saving myself for the 429 disc trilogy boxset with 47 years of extra footage. *

* numbers are approximate
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:54
Regular
They're not just postcards though, are they.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:26
Regular
Ha ha ha no it's not out yet.
But really, forty quid for the film and some postcards and a poster?
Really?

I mean you could save yourself nearly a tenner if you got the gold edition.
Sun 25/01/04 at 11:23
Regular
Mystique wrote:
> Each to their own though.

Is that even out?

Thing is, the trilogy box set wouldn't have this amount of extras. And as The Matrix is far superior to its brothers Reloaded and Revolutions, it deserves a place on it's own.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.