GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Matrix Deluxe"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/01/04 at 23:31
Regular
Some of you may know that The Matrix is by far the greatest film I've ever seen, and up until today I was the proud owner of the two disc collectors edition. Now that's going up on eBay to make way for this:

http://www.dvdbulletin.co.uk/reviews/129/

Just ordered it from an online retailer who will remain anonymous for obvious reasons. What's the most exciting part of it though, is all the collectables you receive. Lobby stills, black and white stills, an original Senitype, which is basically an image from the film with one frame of the corresponding 35mm film and an original theatrical full size movie poster. I couldn't click "buy" fast enough.

Anyone else have this?
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:54
Regular
the smith scene is good, despite what people say, I don't care if you can tell it's a CGI neo, it still looks excellent to me, especially the slow-mo bit with the metal pole.

The chateau scenes has little or no CGI, so it's a lot more 'real', that's why I prefer it. There's one scene, you'll probably know what I'm talking about, where neo has a sword and is duelling with one of the guys for about 5 or 6 seconds, using just one take and from the same camera angle. It must have took them ages to do that one scene and it looks excellent.

There's a little too much jumping around though, all through the film. I know the brothers liked anime films, but all the slow-mo jumping gets a bit tedious after a while.

They should have took a few leaves out of Jackie Chans book. The fight scenes on films such as Jackie Chans first strike and rumble in the bronx actually put the matrix films to shame, and probably cost several million dollars less. You don't need CGI to make a good fight scene. Bruce Lee would tell you that if he was alive today.
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:48
Regular
Yes, the chateau scene is my favourite too.

The Smith fight is really good too, but a little too 'flowery'. There's no real, down-to-earth, gritty force in the attacks. Beautifully choreographed and exhilirating to watch, but it just would have benifitted from a bit more 'impact'.
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:45
Regular
I just love watching the numerous action scenes on reloaded.

My mate got a 44 inch TV at weekend, so I took reloaded round, hooked the telly up to the stereo, and enjoyed the chateau scene at full blast.

quality
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:43
Regular
It's a shame Reloaded and Revolutions weren't very good. The first was astounding, but those two brought the trilogy down for me. Still enjoyable, though.
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:35
Regular
I must admit I'm looking forward to seeing revolutions again.
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:34
Regular
All the time, every day.

My friends call me "Neo".
Tue 27/01/04 at 22:31
Regular
Hey Mav, anyone ever tell you you're obsessed with the matrix?
Tue 27/01/04 at 21:32
Regular
Got it this morning.

Excellence. Great poster and the stills are really high quality photos. The Senitype is very impressive.
Sun 25/01/04 at 22:38
Regular
Belldandy wrote:
> Because otherwise it's an expensive dvd, lobby cards and poster. If
> you wanted a poster then movie ones are easy to get cheaply, as are
> lobby cards on eBay. These sets are only worth having as collectors
> items to my mind, hence I'd never bother.

Well of course I'll keep it nice, as with all my stuff. But I'm buying it for enjoyment rather than value. Who would buy something primarily for it's value? It's like those people who buy comics and then don't touch them for ten years. A bit ridiculous if you ask me - I'd rather enjoy it.
Sun 25/01/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Mystique wrote:
> Oh and can you please not listen to Busted when I'm sleeping? It
> really is quite disturbing.

I'll turn the 'Balance' knob on the hi-fi so it only plays though my side of the headphones then.

"I asked you to dance at the disco ... but, you said 'No!'."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.