GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cannabis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:12
Regular
Well, the drug is being (or has been) downgraded to class C. What does this mean? The government are keen to point out that it is still illegal, that those in possession will still be arrested.

On the news tonight, they used the phrase "Cannabis, a drug tens of thousands of people choose to smoke each week". I think they are seriously underestimating how widespread its use is. I wager everyone on here knows somebody who smokes it, I certainly do. Could decriminalizing the drug work in this country? There are huge benefits for the government in the way that it would free up a lot of police time, which could be used for catching those dealing/possessing harder drugs.

Is there any point whatsoever in downgrading the drug as they have done?

Do you have any views on the drug, or the questions I have asked above?
Page:
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:36
Regular
"Under the Wall"
I'm pretty sure it's still illegal.
It's just unlikely you'll be prosecuted.
Don't come running to me if you are though :^P
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:24
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I was going to make a post almost exactly like this today. I got another drugs talk in School. Basically Cannabis getting downgraded to a C Class Drug just means that for possession the maximum jail sentence is 2 years and not 5 and for dealing it's a max of 5 years not 10. That's in Scotland though. In England it isn't even illegal anymore.

Unfortunately even when it was a B Class drug the cop that gave us the talk today said that in many years as a police officer he never knew one person who went to jail for 5 years for possession of cannabis or even 2 years! Basically you're going to be treated exactly the same for the same offence up here in Scotland. If you want to smoke the hemp go to London:P
Wed 21/01/04 at 23:18
Regular
"Under the Wall"
And if it's legalised the manufacturers will fill joints with all the chemical crap they put in cigarettes.

You'd get better filters, but still be worse off overall.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:54
Regular
(to Azul)
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:53
Regular
Many Thanks :)
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:53
Regular
Atleast if it's leagalised then there'll be controls on the quality of what you're getting and people will be able to work out acceptable limits...

Having said that, if I ever take it up, I'm going to grow it myself!

And I don't smoke, so I'll have to learn how to cook! :-)
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:45
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'd just like to point out on Borat's behalf that he does not endorse this activity, and that he regrets it all the time. And that drugs are bad, kids.
Yep.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:19
Regular
Why put 'probably going to try it though' and then put an unhappy smiley after it?

If you don't want to, don't do it - you do have a mind of your own don't ya?

Personally I enjoy the occasional smoke, although I didn't really want to say it as SR may look down on people justifying illegal activities.
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Notable"
Everyone I know does it or has tryed it. I haven't. Probably going to try it though......... :(
Wed 21/01/04 at 22:12
Regular
Well, the drug is being (or has been) downgraded to class C. What does this mean? The government are keen to point out that it is still illegal, that those in possession will still be arrested.

On the news tonight, they used the phrase "Cannabis, a drug tens of thousands of people choose to smoke each week". I think they are seriously underestimating how widespread its use is. I wager everyone on here knows somebody who smokes it, I certainly do. Could decriminalizing the drug work in this country? There are huge benefits for the government in the way that it would free up a lot of police time, which could be used for catching those dealing/possessing harder drugs.

Is there any point whatsoever in downgrading the drug as they have done?

Do you have any views on the drug, or the questions I have asked above?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.