GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cannabis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:12
Regular
Well, the drug is being (or has been) downgraded to class C. What does this mean? The government are keen to point out that it is still illegal, that those in possession will still be arrested.

On the news tonight, they used the phrase "Cannabis, a drug tens of thousands of people choose to smoke each week". I think they are seriously underestimating how widespread its use is. I wager everyone on here knows somebody who smokes it, I certainly do. Could decriminalizing the drug work in this country? There are huge benefits for the government in the way that it would free up a lot of police time, which could be used for catching those dealing/possessing harder drugs.

Is there any point whatsoever in downgrading the drug as they have done?

Do you have any views on the drug, or the questions I have asked above?
Page:
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:50
Never tried cannabis before, what's it like?
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:46
Regular
I only smoke when I drink, which is most weekends. During the week I'm a T-Totaller.

Giving up smoking would be easy for me if I was permanently sober, but willpower is not evident when I've had a couple of frosty ones.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> they should first consider the current laws
> on alcohol and tobacco.

I was talking about this on the 1st of January to a friend as I was giving up smoking the following day (Still tab free, nearly three weeks, and its easy :) )

If a new drug was introduced today, that was basically leaves rolled in paper that had no real benefits to the user apart from a mild head spin, that left you with stinking clothes, was antisocial, affected the health of other people around you, caused heart disease, hardening of the arteries, various types of cancer (lung, mouth, kidneys etc etc), prematurely aged your skin and caused erectile problems in some men,

it would be *immediately* banned.

Not to say I have a problem with people who smoke (hell, I did for 17 years) as it is their (see! *their* I’m not a smoker anymore. Who hoo!) choice.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:31
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> "No, I don't do drugs anymore, either. But I'll tell you
> something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you
> something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very
> popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the
> truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone,
> never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never
> lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and
> went about my day."

That says it all really doesn't it. But the rest of society is keen to persecute those who they perceive as evil, simply because it is not in keeping with their view of life.

Some drugs should definitely be illegal, and the problem of children being sold drugs is something that must be tackled. But we are responsible adults, and are doing harm to no-one. If they must persecute cannabis users, they should first consider the current laws on alcohol and tobacco. They wouldn't dare outlaw alcohol, as not only does it bring in billions in tax money a year, but it is now a generally accepted social activity. Cannabis still has stigma attached, by buttoned down aristocratic types, and so is not yet 'socially acceptable'.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> It's easy to dismiss those who use drugs as stupid isn't it?

Yep. I love it. I'd like to point out that I know someone in a well paid tchnical job, who has very good academic qualifications from Gcse's to A levels, and has a degree.

They have done everything but heroin.

To quote the late, great Bill Hicks: -

"No, I don't do drugs anymore, either. But I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day."
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:13
Regular
It's easy to dismiss those who use drugs as stupid isn't it?
I think you are confusing casual cannabis users, who are in every other way law abiding, and who lead a normal life, with those who devote their lives to sticking needles in their arms, and robbing old ladies for their habit.

The government, after making this decision, are now keen to point out that it's 'still dangerous' and can potentially cause mental and physical health problems. Really? Where as alcohol and tobacco are perfectly safe products aren't they? They don't soak up millions of pounds of healthcare each year, or lead to violent crime, traffic accidents, and mental health problems do they? Oh, right, I forgot, they are taxable consumables, and are therefore ok.

Hypocritical, one rule for one - one rule for another, that's our government.
Thu 22/01/04 at 09:05
Regular
"Stay Frosty"
Silent-Scope wrote:
> People are just stupid enough to use drugs anyway..

Apart from those who have, say MS.
Thu 22/01/04 at 02:40
Regular
People are just stupid enough to use drugs anyway..
Thu 22/01/04 at 00:10
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Get E_B in. He knows the score lol :D
Thu 22/01/04 at 00:06
Regular
"Monochromatic"
still illegal.they have only downgraded it so they can concentrate on the other class b drugs,at the moment they have to spend equal police time on each.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.