GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cannabis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/01/04 at 22:12
Regular
Well, the drug is being (or has been) downgraded to class C. What does this mean? The government are keen to point out that it is still illegal, that those in possession will still be arrested.

On the news tonight, they used the phrase "Cannabis, a drug tens of thousands of people choose to smoke each week". I think they are seriously underestimating how widespread its use is. I wager everyone on here knows somebody who smokes it, I certainly do. Could decriminalizing the drug work in this country? There are huge benefits for the government in the way that it would free up a lot of police time, which could be used for catching those dealing/possessing harder drugs.

Is there any point whatsoever in downgrading the drug as they have done?

Do you have any views on the drug, or the questions I have asked above?
Page:
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:14
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> It should be available full stop to anyone, Heck its been downgraded
> to the same class as Body Building steroids!

my opinion also, but we obviously aren't the majority. Could it work like it does in amsterdam?

> For some reason, what I don't agree with is the whole apparatus thats
> involved with it. Bongs, Buckets, Boats, Pipes etc are just some of
> the things. Why? Whats the point? Just grab some rizla's and roll up.
> Wouldn't it be easier?

I have used bongs a lot in the past, but not any more. If I were to compare bongs and joints to alcohol products, a bong would be like downing a shot of absinthe, while a joint would be a pint. I'm just not interested in getting that trashed anymore.

> People want it legalised, It should be.

Can't see it happening though, too many buttoned down conservative types.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:08
Regular
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> Medicinally it should be available.

It should be available full stop to anyone, Heck its been downgraded to the same class as Body Building steroids!

For some reason, what I don't agree with is the whole apparatus thats involved with it. Bongs, Buckets, Boats, Pipes etc are just some of the things. Why? Whats the point? Just grab some rizla's and roll up. Wouldn't it be easier?

And going into music shops in London is a bit wierd, theres like a whole magazine rack devoted to "Cannabis weekly" magazines etc.

People want it legalised, It should be.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:06
Regular
Yeah Resin is seriously suspect. I would choose the plant itself over resin anyday. But that's another reason to decriminalise it - it could be filtered to ensure that it didn't contain any harmful additives.

There are various strengths of cannabis, but that is no different to the difference between beer and vodka say.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Not a Jew"
gamezfreak wrote:
> Icarus wrote:
> Never tried cannabis before, what's it like?
>
> You feel more social, and things that never seemed funny, suddenly
> become hilaerous.

And you get hungry. So hungry. As well as pacifist.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I agree with the two statements below. As long as its in moderation and you can control yourself, its alright. There is nothing wrong with a social spliff.
Now I see all this crap in the papers about "New cannabis types which are ultra strong probably made from dangerous concoctions".
Oh, do shut up. Its probably superpollen, which some people here may know what I mean. Anyway, yes it is stronger, but it is better than resin in a way as resin is full of crap people put in it to bulk it up and stick it together, eg. boot polish.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> For people like Timmargh I think it should be legalised, why should
> he suffer pain when he can just make it go away for a few hours after
> having a joint?

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I have a friend who's dad had a different condition, Multiple Sclerosis. He got some for him a while back and let him try it, and he said it really helped him.

Medicinally it should be available.
Thu 22/01/04 at 14:02
Regular
Icarus wrote:
> Never tried cannabis before, what's it like?

You feel more social, and things that never seemed funny, suddenly become hilaerous.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:58
Regular
To be honest, I don't care whether or not people smoke the plant. People can do whatever they want, and I have smoked it once, and probably will again. People say "Ooooh its really bad for you" etc, as they put their ciggy in their mouths and down a pint of beer. It's not a bad drug in my personal opinion, it's like alcohol, people have to have a "shutoff" point where they know they've had a bit too much and it's time to sober up.

People who can't do that are the ones that lead onto the use of harder drugs, which is bad.

In my opinion its not the drug thats bad, its how people control their use of it.

For people like Timmargh I think it should be legalised, why should he suffer pain when he can just make it go away for a few hours after having a joint?

Out of interest Timmargh, do you "grow" your own?

Anyway, muh.

Imagine if weed was around in say the 1600's, chances are it'd be sold in the shops today.
Thu 22/01/04 at 13:52
Regular
Cannabis is in my view are far more sociable drug. People who smoke don't then go out and throw bricks through windows, or pick a fight with someone because they 'looked at them funny'. People who are drunk will take un-necessary risks, are generally disruptive, and are one of the main sponges of police time on a friday night. The same cannot be said of marijuana smokers.

I'm not saying it's risk free, and I can fully understand why someone who smokes 6 joints a day, every day, may have mental problems. But this is true of anything done to excess - people who drink every single day, to excess, can also begin to show signs of mental disorder.

If you overload your body and mind with toxicity, it will have an effect. The golden rule with any drug is moderation - if you're overdoing it, then you can expect problems, but if people don't know this already, then they are too stupid to be let near these drugs in the first place. Anyone who irresponsibly throws vast quantities of toxic substances down their throats, and thinks there will be no consequences, is a cretin, and responsible drug users are being tarred with the same brush.
Thu 22/01/04 at 12:52
Timmargh wrote:

>
> The biggest problem with acceptance is the lack of knowledge; people
> read things in the press and hear stories from mates, friends and
> colleagues and opinions are formed on that.

Yes, exactly - I's seen this story on using prescribed drugs which would otherwise be illegal to ease suffering of the disabled; but when I asked my mother if using cannabis for these purposes, she just blurted out, "No, I think it's wrong, shouldn't be allowed". Tsk. Her other opinions on other issues are similar; it's usually the most obvious one you could think of by knowing the bare minumum in facts.

What's worrying is that most of the public think the same way - and what's more, aren't afraid to demonstrate this, without doing some firther reading on the subject.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.