GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do U Think the PS2 is still the best"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 11:55
Regular
Ever since th ps1 came out sony have always lead the way in terms of sales, popularity, and graphics. But ever since Microsoft released it's XBOX there has been some competition, not just graphicly wise but poulartiy. Do u think the PS2 has to worry about the XBOX overtaking it or does it have to worry about overtaking it.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
This who's console is better argument is annoying me to hell now.

If you're console is so great like everyone likes to say theirs is, you should be playing it not arguing on a message board about it. Get the console suited for you, for me it's the PS2 because i like my RPG's and FPS games of which the PS2 has the most. Sure i'd like an Xbox and GC as well but i'm not that rich, however i'm not going to slate them because i don't own them because i haven't had that much experience with them. I do know though the xbox controller is the most uncomfortable bloody thing in the world and the dpad sucks on it, however if i played more with it i'm sure, somehow, i'd get used to it. It's a great console spec wise it just needs more developers making games for it, which is the same case as the GC. (i like the GC controller) There's no doubt the PS2 has more choice and anyone who even took remedial business studies will know consumers like choice hence why the PS2 has sold 70 odd million units.

But like i said different people equals different tastes, which equals differing opinions on which console is the best, but for god sake stop going on about it, it's been what? 3-4 years now since this all started how about giving it a bloody rest.
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:25
"slightlyshortertagl"
béSSánt wrote:
> what the hell is PGR2 ?pogo-gran-rancing-2?

Awwwwww, can't spac-face here construct a proper argument, and have to resort to making fun of the name of a game that is clearly better than anything he's every played?
Sun 18/01/04 at 16:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I'm sorry, but XBOX Live by itself is better than the PS2, nevermind the offline games..
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:18
Regular
For a few weeks until you realise its littered with high pings, small games (8 vs 8 if you are lucky) , c*cks who spend all day playing it and a limited appeal for those who get excited about the head set so they can talk to people whilst playing.
Sun 18/01/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Teal'c"
Choco wrote:
> It's a mini PC, not a console.

1) How'd you figure that out? I could equally say that the PS2's a mini PC, but only a crappier one.

2) Bessant, you are a moronic fanboy prat.
Sun 18/01/04 at 18:11
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I think some of you ought to take of those rose-tinted glasses y'know.

I really don't understand why the mods here allow these useless threads, since they NEVER EVER achieve anything other than fanboy babblings and petulant behaviour.
Sun 18/01/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Evil Always Wins!"
This "who's console is better" argument is also annoying me too much beyond belief. All we here is people making stupid comments, calling the GameCube "kiddy" when it isn't, saying the XBox has no good games apart from Halo (when it does) and that the PS2 is a dated piece of junk with too many EA Style rip-off games (when it doesn't). Your opinion is your own, and well constructed arguements are what we need.
For example, the GameCube is my favourite console, since it has the most and best EXCLUSIVE, repeat, EXCLUSIVE games. However, my first choice console would be the PS2, since it has most developer/publisher support and gets nearly every big game. It has the widest variety and countless top games. I really see the XBox as a PS2 combined with a PC, both of which I have. It is because of this, I have not got an XBox and never will get an XBox.
XBox fans always say to me get an XBox because it has Halo, or KOTOR, or the new GTA double pack, all of which I have on the PS2 or PC. Of course, there are other great exclusives on the XBox, but not enough to make me spend £130+.
GameCube is my FAVOURITE because of all the great exclusives, like Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil(s) and Viewtiful Joe. These are great games not available on any other format, and there are sooo many people missing out on these great games, Nintendo have to be the ones to blame for the GameCube's low sales.
When I think about the PS2 does now have some great exclusives, like Ratchet and Clank 1 and 2, Jak and Daxter 1 and 2, Devil May Cry 1 and 2, Manhunt and the amazing Pro Evolution Soccer series. Actually, now I think of it, the PS2 is definitely the best. See how easy it is so present your arguement with calling the GameCube a "kiddy cube" or saying the XBox has no games when it does.
Mon 19/01/04 at 12:06
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> For a few weeks until you realise its littered with high pings, small
> games (8 vs 8 if you are lucky) , c*cks who spend all day playing it
> and a limited appeal for those who get excited about the head set so
> they can talk to people whilst playing.

All down to opinion though. Myself I'd rather gouge my own eyeballs out with a spoon than pay £400 for a graphics card for a PC.

Xbox Live is excellent, it does get boring though if you play on it too much. Which is why I go on it every now and then and certainly not for the stupid amount of hours we used to waste on it when Rainbow Six 3 came out.....though unfortunatly I might find myself back in 'nothing but Xbox Live mode' when Halo 2 comes out.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm games of chicken in a Warthog.
Mon 19/01/04 at 12:07
Regular
Oh and as for some of the other replies in here, can I just say LOL.

Whoever said the Gamecube's graphics are dull compare to PS2's is quite frankly an idiot.
Mon 19/01/04 at 15:49
Regular
I will probably see you on there when Halo 2 is released however I am sick of putting up with watered down ports which is basically what the Xbox is made up of. A great console and one I regreted getting rid of but when I looked at the games being released I thought it would be worth £400 for a decent graphics card to play the likes of Half Life 2 and Doom 3 on top whack settings than wait around until April for the next half decent game to be released for the Xbox + LIVE.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.