GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do U Think the PS2 is still the best"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 11:55
Regular
Ever since th ps1 came out sony have always lead the way in terms of sales, popularity, and graphics. But ever since Microsoft released it's XBOX there has been some competition, not just graphicly wise but poulartiy. Do u think the PS2 has to worry about the XBOX overtaking it or does it have to worry about overtaking it.
Sat 17/01/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Max Power"
béSSánt wrote:
> microsoft are the richest though and xbox is owned by guess who..
> 70million is peanuts to microsoft....
>
> i mean bill gates has over 30 billion dolars and he is the richest
> person in the world so they could fight back but..

im sure bill gates isnt the richest man anymore im sure its that guy that owns the walmart no one knows or most likely someone who owns a food place in texas did anyone watch that program about texas where there was a 44 stone women who thought she was sexy but i thought she was the uglyest person ive seen

mmm... 70 million peanuts
Sat 17/01/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Xbox - Too... too... crappy. It looks like a joke, the pads are a joke, but some of the games I do like(nice graphics). It symbolises gamers as freaky no-life geeks with its vile, green slime-plated Xterior. It's a mini PC, not a console. Cheats. Good online play however, but a little annoying playing against stubborn freaks who attack their own team mates. Too much swearing comes through the headsets as well.

GC - Doesn't get enough good games. Most of its games are platformers, not enough variety and ingenuitive gameplay. Bounty Hunter's cool though. Dire games take the majority. Internet capabilities are practically non-existent and it just gives off that annoying childish feeling with its bright colours.

PS2 - Stylish and comfortable. Gets a lot of good games regularly. Quite faulty and sensitive to interior and exterior damage, leading to extra costs. Graphics are substained, not as good as Xbox (obviously), but gains preference over the Gamecube's, which across a little bland. Online, and growing, but needs more games for this feature.

PS2 the best? I don't know and I don't care. Why not just get a life, get a job and enjoy all three like me (when you can).
Sat 17/01/04 at 22:15
"cheerios"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Why do all these boobs forget about the GC.
> It is supirior in almost every respect.
> Blah

I own both these consoles, and Gamecube could be better if Nintendo did one more think - and I have to say that the only way that Nintendo are going to up their profits is if they up their marketing and advertising to compare with Sony. This would also atract more game publishers etc to make more games for the console and it will be profitable.
Sat 17/01/04 at 23:43
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I have a PS2 and a GC.

There are more games I play regularly on the PS2 and more games due for release that I want for the PS2 than the GC.
This is my reason for liking the PS2 more.

I suppose if I had the money I would have all 3 consoles and all the games I want and enjoy playing games.

Quite why there has to be a best and why people argue pointless facts about which is better and why goes beyond me. Just enjoy playing the games you like.
Sun 18/01/04 at 12:29
"period drama"
Well, since I got my GC, the PS2 has been very much in the background.
It's all personal preference, of course, but I'd much sooner get rid of my PS2 than GC.

Meh.
Sun 18/01/04 at 12:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Choco wrote:
> Xbox - Too... too... crappy. It looks like a joke, the pads are a
> joke, but some of the games I do like(nice graphics). It symbolises
> gamers as freaky no-life geeks with its vile, green slime-plated
> Xterior. It's a mini PC, not a console. Cheats. Good online play
> however, but a little annoying playing against stubborn freaks who
> attack their own team mates. Too much swearing comes through the
> headsets as well.

>
> GC - Doesn't get enough good games. Most of its games are
> platformers, not enough variety and ingenuitive gameplay. Bounty
> Hunter's cool though. Dire games take the majority. Internet
> capabilities are practically non-existent and it just gives off that
> annoying childish feeling with its bright colours.

>
>

Hahahaha.

Pathetic.
Sun 18/01/04 at 12:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
béSSánt wrote:
> but gran turismo rules it is the best how can whatever that game is
> beat gt??

PGR2.

> ps2 still rules cause its smaller too and vertical improves qualitly.

AHAHAHAHAHAH
Sun 18/01/04 at 14:33
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> béSSánt wrote:
> but gran turismo rules it is the best how can whatever that game is
> beat gt??
>
> PGR2.
>
> ps2 still rules cause its smaller too and vertical improves
> qualitly.
>
> AHAHAHAHAHAH

what the hell is PGR2 ?pogo-gran-rancing-2?

gran turismo 4 coming soon yey...yey...yey...yey
Sun 18/01/04 at 15:10
"period drama"
Project Gotham Racing 2.
Officially > GT.
Sun 18/01/04 at 15:18
Regular
"Max Power"
If would wasnt sure to get a ps2 or xbox that would be one game that pushed me towards xbox but i allready have a ps2 and i dont particually want to have 2 consoles

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.