GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do U Think the PS2 is still the best"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/01/04 at 11:55
Regular
Ever since th ps1 came out sony have always lead the way in terms of sales, popularity, and graphics. But ever since Microsoft released it's XBOX there has been some competition, not just graphicly wise but poulartiy. Do u think the PS2 has to worry about the XBOX overtaking it or does it have to worry about overtaking it.
Mon 09/02/04 at 17:16
Regular
The success of the PS2 over Xbox would be more evident in the UK if we had the kind of prices they sell them off for in North America. $199.99CA that's about £81. £44 cheaper than the UK equivalent.

Doesnt seem long ago when I sold my PS2 for £400 on ebay. You got lots of people reserving ps2 in the shops, already selling a ps2 on ebay that they didnt even own and then buying it with the money from the auction winner, keeping a nice big profit for themselves then passing it on to the winner (not before opening it up and playing with it for a few hours). I expect it'll happen again for the ps3.
Mon 02/02/04 at 19:44
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Right, so that little list was outdone by PS2 games? No I didn't
> think so either. And it would take most people a few weeks to go
> through 20+ games anyway.

Ah, but in my opinion, they're not as great as you say. Sure, there's a few decent ones, but I'm glad I've got a PS2 in my room rather than a Dreamcast.

> Well I was never much of a football game fan, so I don't care.

Pah. You did before.
Mon 02/02/04 at 19:42
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Very conviniet, saved me quite a bit of money on a series which
> eventually went down hill.

Well personally, I thought the pinnacle of the series was Tony Hawk's 4 for going back the style of Tony Hawk's 2. I hated the third, the fourth's new ideas and design made it a lot better than number two.

I'm sure that if you gave it a chance...
Sun 01/02/04 at 23:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Maverick42 wrote:
> The two of you love to assume things, don't you? Never gave the
> Dreamcast a chance, did I? Fact is, I was very excited when it first
> came out. The graphics looked like nothing I'd seen before. It looked
> great. I even started a little fund to get one.
>
> Then I realised there weren't the games to warrant a purchase, and so
> I saved my money and bought some N64 and PSX games instead. Money
> better spent in my opinion.
>
Right, so that little list was outdone by PS2 games? No I didn't think so either. And it would take most people a few weeks to go through 20+ games anyway.

> Riiiiiight. I was pointing out that Pro Evo 3 is on PS2, and it's Pro
> Evo 2 on GameCube. In Japan.

Well I was never much of a football game fan, so I don't care.

> All those I've played. So YA BOO SAX to you m'lud. Surprised you
> didn't mention the excellent Rez, either.

As I said, they were the ones that came to mind straight away. And yes, there was Rez.
Sun 01/02/04 at 22:19
Regular
Very conviniet, saved me quite a bit of money on a series which eventually went down hill.
Sun 01/02/04 at 21:49
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Ali has a point, if Mav never played them, how would he know?

The two of you love to assume things, don't you? Never gave the Dreamcast a chance, did I? Fact is, I was very excited when it first came out. The graphics looked like nothing I'd seen before. It looked great. I even started a little fund to get one.

Then I realised there weren't the games to warrant a purchase, and so I saved my money and bought some N64 and PSX games instead. Money better spent in my opinion.

> The Pro Evo point: I said Pro Evo was on the cube as Winning Eleven.
> Mav pointed out that that was Pro Evo 2. But as it is better than Pro
> Evo, who would prefer to have the older inferior title? It's not a
> sequel like Tomb Raider or something where the whole game is
> different.

Riiiiiight. I was pointing out that Pro Evo 3 is on PS2, and it's Pro Evo 2 on GameCube. In Japan.

> Must have Dreamcast games:
>
> Metropolis Street Racer
> Jet Set Radio
> Shenmue
> Skies Of Arcadia
> Quake 3
> Unreal
> Sonic Adventure
> Sonic Adventure 2
> Phantasy Star Online
> San Francisco Rush 2049
> Ikaruga
> Sega GT
> Ferrari F355 Challenge
> Virtua Tennis

All those I've played. So YA BOO SAX to you m'lud. Surprised you didn't mention the excellent Rez, either.
Sun 01/02/04 at 21:44
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Also Tony Hawks was on the Dreamcas**t, the second Tony Hawks game on
> the Dreamcas**t is the bes**t in the series for me. Before it went sh*t
> after the 2nd anyway.

Oh yes. How convenient.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:57
Regular
Powerstone 1 and 2, Jet Grind Radio, Resident Evil Code Veronica, the Crazy Taxi series, Soul Calibur etc were all on the Dreamcast, some of them have been ported over to the PS2 since then but seeing as though most of these were released before the PS2 even hit the shelves in the US then I think its fair to give the Dreamcast the credit it deserves, the PS2 isn't in the same league.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:50
"I love yo... lamp."
Ali has a point, if Mav never played them, how would he know?

The Pro Evo point: I said Pro Evo was on the cube as Winning Eleven. Mav pointed out that that was Pro Evo 2. But as it is better than Pro Evo, who would prefer to have the older inferior title? It's not a sequel like Tomb Raider or something where the whole game is different.

Must have Dreamcast games:

Metropolis Street Racer
Jet Set Radio
Shenmue
Skies Of Arcadia
Grandia 2
Quake 3
Unreal
Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure 2
Phantasy Star Online
San Francisco Rush 2049
Ikaruga
Sega GT
Ferrari F355 Challenge
Le Mans 24 Hour
Virtua Tennis
Virtua Tennis 2
Hidden & Dangerous
Headhunters
Sega Rally 2

All spring to mind almost instantly and were magnificent games. There were others still.
Sun 01/02/04 at 20:47
Regular
Also Tony Hawks was on the Dreamcas**t, the second Tony Hawks game on the Dreamcas**t is the bes**t in the series for me. Before it went sh*t after the 2nd anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.