GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interracial Relationships"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm getting a bit bored of all the religion topics popping up here lately, so let's try something a little different.

Interracial Relationships

What's your opinion on this topic?

-Is there still a stigma attached to them?
-Why are IR's still quite uncommon?
-Why were they seen as being "wrong" in the past?

Just a couple of suggestions there to get you talking.

I thought of this topic after reading an article today about a woman who gave her daughter up for adoption because her family wouldn't accept the child because she was mixed race.

She is now trying to find her daughter 40 years later, but so far has had no luck tracing her. I thought this story was quite sad, but then I started thinking is this still happening in some families today, or have times really changed?

Discuss.
Mon 12/01/04 at 16:41
Regular
"Notable"
I don't really care what race someone is. Their race does not contribute to my opinion of their personality......Or their looks. ;ŹD
Mon 12/01/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've had a couple of interacial relationships.
There are fit women of pretty much any colour/race, just as there are munters of equal rights.
Are you talking different colour or culture?

I've had American, Italian, Brazilian, New Zealand, Australian, French and currently seeing a Turkish girl that is a 100% knockout (filthy as well, which always helps).
So, in the interest of snubbing whatever racist crap The Daily Mail etc trot out to keep you scared of Johnny Darkie, I can report that a Muslim of immigrant parents stands head and shoulders over pretty much any of the Anglo-Saxon women I've had dalliances with.

Don't matter to me what colour/race/culture a woman is, as long as she's intelligent, funny, witty and has grade-a spuds
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:00
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Pff, you just said what I said but put bigger words in so the fools of the site couldn't understand it.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Notable"
Ahaha.

Sexual Philosophy by Goatie.
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Light of the world"
I find nothing wrong with a mixed relationship if they are happy and in love then what are we to stand and judge?

It is a shame that in some cases today, mixed couples feel the pressure and prejudice from being together.

My friend was completely in love with a cool nigerian guy, they were together for about two years before they broke up - one of those years they were dating secretly.

My friends parents liked the boy - but did not want their daughter with a black boy. So much so they caused her much stress and he wasnt even allowed in the house after a time. So they continued their relationship in secret but the lies, stress and feeling of isolation caused them to break. It is a shame for them both - it must of hurt him greatly to know he was not accepted by his girlfriends family because of the colour of his skin.

Which is why when I look at a relationship that could of worked but was destroyed by prejudice I feel angry that people cant be left to be in love.

Ah dear
Mon 12/01/04 at 21:19
Regular
"Boo Communism!"
I think some people are frightened to step outside their own culture because it is "different"

I have an asian girlfriend and I am white, and I get on great with her family although I eat beef and they dont, it doesnt bother them or me - if anything it is more interesting to have a belonging in a different culture, as I feel I do as I have known them quite a while.

I think people may feel others are rigid in their beleifs and see other cultures as outsiders or something, and so are scared to make a move as such.
Tue 13/01/04 at 13:38
Regular
"Monochromatic"
i dont think it matters a great deal to most people until you get to the stage of having children.when it comes down to it if you gave people a choice of having a child of their own race or a different race they will almost always rather pick their own. i think it goes right to the core of human nature to preserve your tribe, so to speak.
i will await your condemnation
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I'm most attracted to women of mixed race, or what I perceive to be mixed. The perfect scenario would be an amalgam of all the races rolled into one all-conquering form. Whether I would have to produce this female in a test tube I'm not sure. Not that I've ever touched a real women. I did have a conversation with one this morning though - I said: "10 Silk Cut please".
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I thought you'd quit?
Mon 19/01/04 at 23:40
Regular
"Laughingstock"
A quarter of Cola Cubes. Yes. A quarter of Cola Cubes. Now I remember. My memory is faulty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.