GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interracial Relationships"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/01/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm getting a bit bored of all the religion topics popping up here lately, so let's try something a little different.

Interracial Relationships

What's your opinion on this topic?

-Is there still a stigma attached to them?
-Why are IR's still quite uncommon?
-Why were they seen as being "wrong" in the past?

Just a couple of suggestions there to get you talking.

I thought of this topic after reading an article today about a woman who gave her daughter up for adoption because her family wouldn't accept the child because she was mixed race.

She is now trying to find her daughter 40 years later, but so far has had no luck tracing her. I thought this story was quite sad, but then I started thinking is this still happening in some families today, or have times really changed?

Discuss.
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm getting a bit bored of all the religion topics popping up here lately, so let's try something a little different.

Interracial Relationships

What's your opinion on this topic?

-Is there still a stigma attached to them?
-Why are IR's still quite uncommon?
-Why were they seen as being "wrong" in the past?

Just a couple of suggestions there to get you talking.

I thought of this topic after reading an article today about a woman who gave her daughter up for adoption because her family wouldn't accept the child because she was mixed race.

She is now trying to find her daughter 40 years later, but so far has had no luck tracing her. I thought this story was quite sad, but then I started thinking is this still happening in some families today, or have times really changed?

Discuss.
Sun 11/01/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I dont see anything wrong with it personally. But scientists said that the gene differance in some races caused common birth defects such as undeveloped nasel antrum (i think it's spelt).
Also they found that people mostly found their own race more attractive than others. But this isnt anything to do with the races it's just a think about people.

I see nothing wrong with it.
Mon 12/01/04 at 02:52
Regular
I was adopted. I would never plan to find my 'real' parents, as they mean nothing to me. They didn't want me, I don't want them. My real parents are those who raised, taught and supported me, and the only ones I'll recognise. If they came to find me, I would be polite and all, but I would be incapable of feeling any emotional connection to them, and I would make my feelings clear. Remember - they have abandoned you, and some other people have taken full responsibility for you.

To be a parent of an adopted child, and to have them seek out their biological parents must be incredibly hurtful. I just can't understand why anyone would do it.

I have no idea who my biological parents are, or where they are. And I don't care.
Mon 12/01/04 at 03:00
Regular
Well... I am chinese (yes) but i have more interest in english girls than my own.. I see no difference between the races but find blacks/asians less attractive.
I think dating people from another race may be more interesting and different to dating your own although WE ARE all human beings no matter what colour.
Mon 12/01/04 at 03:07
There's also the entire issue of culture to deal with; those looking for relationships tend to look for several similar qualities, in particular those that can be shared with each other - but that's rather difficult if you're parying for different gods.

Another reason why IR are uncommon is because of the way a person has been brought up from birth - say a kid was raised in a a certain way, well when they look for mates (for love and friendship) they have a bias towards attributes that most fit their upbringing.

Hope that makes sense.
Mon 12/01/04 at 03:12
By the way, where I study I find the Chinese girls rather pompous and proud; for example, as I walked past two Chinese girls on the way home, their faces were of the "Not interested unless you try harder pesant" sort, when it's really not neccessary. Though they were probably rich judging by their designer ware clothes and large shopping bags.
Mon 12/01/04 at 03:29
Regular
I generally don't find foreigh women attractive (visually). And before you politically correct cretins jump on me, there is a good reason. It's a biological one - we grew up with our own kind (race), and our mind has been formed to find certain things about the opposite sex attractive. Now, shock horror politically correct paranoid types - the races ARE different. Facial features are different, bodily features are different, height/width are different, and yes - skin colour is different.

Our minds have a certain image of what is visually attractive in a mate, and if you have grown up almost exclusively with white girls, you may find the looks of girls from other races 'unorthodox', even 'abnormal'. So your mind is confused in this way, you are unsure whether or not they are attractive.

I say generally, as this is not set in stone. For example, I have always had a soft spot for chinese/asian women, but have never really found black women attractive. And this has nothing to with racism, it's just the way your own mind defines beauty. It's only the same as saying 'I don't generally like fat/skinny women' or 'I don't like tall/short women'.

Of course, once you get to know someone, all that goes out of the window - their personality is the thing that you form an opinion on, and the thing you ultimately fall in love with, but I am talking first looks/impressions here - that we all make upon meeting.
Mon 12/01/04 at 08:15
"Darkness, always"
Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Historically, it has been thought of as wrong due to racial hatred between different people. Leading to both social and economic divides, making "lesser races" especially blacks "unworthy".

Thankfully, society is, for the most part, over such fatuous nonsense.

I can't say that I never would have had a relationship with a black girl anyway, as I don't find them especially attractive, but that's noit always the deciding factor in some relationships anyway.

As a teen, I was mightily attracted to Chinese/Japanese girls, and had I ever got the chance would certainly have tried for a relationship with one, and wouldn't have expected anyone to see anything wrong with it.
Mon 12/01/04 at 09:17
Regular
Insane Bartender wrote:
> As a teen, I was mightily attracted to Chinese/Japanese girls,

it seems to be a common trend, that, I wonder why ....
Mon 12/01/04 at 10:22
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> it seems to be a common trend, that, I wonder why ....

Heh, because a good looking oriental girl is a marvelous sight to behold.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.