GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"After Drinking a bottle of Gin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've just posted this on b3ta, for their "Brushes with the law" feature. I'll share it here.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I ended up COMPLETELY blootered. Seriously and absolutely minging. We were walking back to a mates house to continue the festivities and I thought it would be a grand idea to kick over one of the plastic warning bars around a gas pipe that was being worked on, just as a copper car was coming past. Cue coppers braking to a halt and reversing. One of my female friends (I couldn’t speak) explained to the policeman that I had just fallen into the bar, to which the copper replied, “If he can pick it back up, we’ll let him off”.

I couldn’t. I was so p'ssed I fell into the hole. I gave it another try, and then sort of muttered “hvsssmmamammsmams” and started staggering off down the road. Mr Policeman was having none of this and promptly nicked me, put me in the back of the car and explained to my friends that I was spending the night in the local cop Hilton. No problem.

I was remarkably calm about all this, until I started accusing the two coppers of nicking my tabs. Of course, I’d smoked the lot before being arrested. They said they hadn’t. I said they had. This escalated until I was *screaming* abuse at them. Once we were in the station and I was being charged, one of the friends I was with previously rang up and explained that he was a trainee solicitor, and could he speak to me. I was put on the phone and started calling the desk sergeant worse that s****, screaming down the phone really, to which he said, “Put the desk sergeant back on please would you?” as it was obvious I was in no state to hold a civil conversation.

Things got worse when I then started accusing them of nicking all my personal belonging’s including a gold ring I got off a grandparent for a 21st birthday. Bundled into the cell, I shouted and hurled abuse whilst sitting on the thin mattress directly opposite the cell door until I passed out appox 2 hours later.

I have to stress here that I was completely out of control. By this time I could walk, but it seemed as if the gin had created a weird bypass of all calm thought and tapped into the primitive anger centre of my brain. I was being an a*******. An utter, utter a*******. I have nothing against the law at all usually, and respect and admire the job they do but this time, I was a dervish.

At 6am I woke up, saw where I was and thought “Oh. HELL. What’s happened here?” Asking for a drink of water I got the “Ohhhh, you’re awake now are you?” in a really sweet and understanding voice.

The crunch to all this? My father has worked in the police force for over 30 years, and is well know to all around the region. As soon as they knew my surname they bunged me up in a cell, but in the morning it was “You aren’t XXXXX’s son are you?” to which they full well knew I was and I had to listen for 45 minutes about how disappointed my father would be, and how he’s so well respected to all, a well liked man in the brotherhood of police etc etc etc. While I was being printed, photographed and cationed.

To top it all off, I got home ready to explain what had happened to dad, and someone from his station had recognised me. And gave him a phone call. And he let me know about how disgusted he was at me.

Somehow, A good kicking would have been so much better.

I have never drank as much gin in my life again…………….
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:26
Regular
"SOUP!"
Great little story - the drunk ones are the best.
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:24
Regular
I've been in quite a few accidents, several of them my own. I put them down to inexperience. Nobody was injured in any of these crashes, although I did write off one of them. Those were in the early days of my driving career, and NONE were due to any form of intoxication.

I count myself as a competent driver, and those crashes I think have helped me to realise what is most important, and realise my limits.

I don't think of myself as a great driver, anyone apart from a racing driver or perhaps advanced driving instructors, or other such professions where driving is taken to its highest level, should not boast of being a great driver. But I am a safe and confident driver.

Everyone has bad driving habits - you do not have to speed or take any particular risks to cause an accident. Sometimes it is just beyond your control.
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:13
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
I’m not perfect by any means, but driving is something that really irritates me in the way that a lot of people take it so lightly.

I’m 19 and have been driving for a year and a half, I have never got behind the wheel of a car after having any drink whatsoever.

You say you would rather have stoned people driving then drunks? I would rather have neither, but I would also like to get rid of all the drivers who believe their journey is the most important out of all the people on the road, and therefore they will speed and take risks. Why? Well, they’re never going to have an accident. They’re great drivers. They have been driving for years and never once been involved in an accident, they have seen a lot mind.

Sorry, I’m sort of jabbering on now about completely irrelevant stuff, but a lot of driving habits are something that really rile me.
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:08
Regular
English_Bloke wrote:
> I did not just read that. You drive while stoned? Borat, I'm really
> disappointed. Genuinely.

First of all, it was 7-8 years ago that it happened, as I said. I was 17 or 18 at the time, and can now look back and say that it was stupid. Second of all, I'd rather people were stoned and driving, rather than drunk and driving, anyday.

Third and most important of all, I think, is the fact that I ALWAYS leave my car at home when I go out and get wrecked - with *NO* exceptions whatsoever. I spend my weekends like a hobo sleeping on peoples couches - I don't do this because I dislike my own bed ....

People are getting the wrong end of the stick here.

If you want to give me grief for things I did years ago, go ahead, but no-one here can tell me they have never done anything irresponsible.
Thu 08/01/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
ßora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> That's a bit harsh isn't it - I've never once driven while out of
> control, I don't drink drive, and I believe that most people are
> safer drivers when stoned (providing, like I say they are not out of
> it).

I did not just read that. You drive while stoned? Borat, I'm really disappointed. Genuinely.
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Light of the world"
Sorry dude I confused your stupidity of driving with Borat - the real numbnuts in question.

Several young deaths have occured around here to drunk drivers. To operate machinery is supposedly dangerous enough on medication or drink but a car that flies around at up to speeds of whatever - in a state where your acions are delayed and impaired is an irresponsable move I feel

O and I have been in the back of a car in which I found the driver was stoned... beyond belief. It wasnt pretty - if I was grotesque enough to crap with fear I would of
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:58
"I love yo... lamp."
I have to disagree Ginge. Borat isn't a Muslim monk.
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:54
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Wow, you were going to drive a car whilst stoned - what a responsible
> driver you are. I'm glad the police let you out instead of keeping
> you in the cells. I would have, because we might have got lucky and
> you would have got nailed by a car, or fell in a river or something.

That's a bit harsh isn't it - I've never once driven while out of control, I don't drink drive, and I believe that most people are safer drivers when stoned (providing, like I say they are not out of it).

Channel 5's series 'Fifth Gear' did a test. I know it wasn't a strict laboratory affair, but they got a regular weed smoker to do a set of driving tests before and after smoking a heavily laden joint. he did all of the tests perfectly, and in some cases BETTER when stoned.

I realise this is not the case for everyone, but I take offence that you would suggest that I am so irresponsible as to drive when I have doubts about my abilities to.

And, the doctor is completely UNRELATED to the police, it is HE who decided, NOT the police, to let me go, and he said I was fine to drive.
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:53
Regular
"Light of the world"
Well after reading that I realise you are a dervish!

See when I drink it is fun to be a litty merry and jolly in circumstances but when others are falling over and puking on your heels or saying how much they love you and how many orgasms they could give you with their toe alone..

Or those rat bags that get mashed and forget all other members feelings when the obvious reaction in this bleeter is violent behaviour.

Which is why i prefer to get merry but when you pass that fun stage and are puking and ill or out of all control I see no point. the fun is missing and you act like scum on legs. Or am I just to sensible for my age. *steals a car smoking joint whilst having unprotected sex.. there*

Its probably taught you a lesson fellow, driving and stoned and drunk - oo if i knew you and knew of this I would have kicked you in the shins hard!
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:47
"I love yo... lamp."
Lil Ginge wrote:
> Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Not Malibu. Of all the rums you could get.
>
> Try a dark rum next time. So much better.
>
> realllly
>
> Well i do love malibu ooo the cocunut flavour and warmness
>
> You know what I am fond off and should drink whilst wearing a top
> hat? Amoretto. ooo sir.

Think you've started the drinking early today by the looks of things.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.