GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"After Drinking a bottle of Gin"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've just posted this on b3ta, for their "Brushes with the law" feature. I'll share it here.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I ended up COMPLETELY blootered. Seriously and absolutely minging. We were walking back to a mates house to continue the festivities and I thought it would be a grand idea to kick over one of the plastic warning bars around a gas pipe that was being worked on, just as a copper car was coming past. Cue coppers braking to a halt and reversing. One of my female friends (I couldn’t speak) explained to the policeman that I had just fallen into the bar, to which the copper replied, “If he can pick it back up, we’ll let him off”.

I couldn’t. I was so p'ssed I fell into the hole. I gave it another try, and then sort of muttered “hvsssmmamammsmams” and started staggering off down the road. Mr Policeman was having none of this and promptly nicked me, put me in the back of the car and explained to my friends that I was spending the night in the local cop Hilton. No problem.

I was remarkably calm about all this, until I started accusing the two coppers of nicking my tabs. Of course, I’d smoked the lot before being arrested. They said they hadn’t. I said they had. This escalated until I was *screaming* abuse at them. Once we were in the station and I was being charged, one of the friends I was with previously rang up and explained that he was a trainee solicitor, and could he speak to me. I was put on the phone and started calling the desk sergeant worse that s****, screaming down the phone really, to which he said, “Put the desk sergeant back on please would you?” as it was obvious I was in no state to hold a civil conversation.

Things got worse when I then started accusing them of nicking all my personal belonging’s including a gold ring I got off a grandparent for a 21st birthday. Bundled into the cell, I shouted and hurled abuse whilst sitting on the thin mattress directly opposite the cell door until I passed out appox 2 hours later.

I have to stress here that I was completely out of control. By this time I could walk, but it seemed as if the gin had created a weird bypass of all calm thought and tapped into the primitive anger centre of my brain. I was being an a*******. An utter, utter a*******. I have nothing against the law at all usually, and respect and admire the job they do but this time, I was a dervish.

At 6am I woke up, saw where I was and thought “Oh. HELL. What’s happened here?” Asking for a drink of water I got the “Ohhhh, you’re awake now are you?” in a really sweet and understanding voice.

The crunch to all this? My father has worked in the police force for over 30 years, and is well know to all around the region. As soon as they knew my surname they bunged me up in a cell, but in the morning it was “You aren’t XXXXX’s son are you?” to which they full well knew I was and I had to listen for 45 minutes about how disappointed my father would be, and how he’s so well respected to all, a well liked man in the brotherhood of police etc etc etc. While I was being printed, photographed and cationed.

To top it all off, I got home ready to explain what had happened to dad, and someone from his station had recognised me. And gave him a phone call. And he let me know about how disgusted he was at me.

Somehow, A good kicking would have been so much better.

I have never drank as much gin in my life again…………….
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
I've just posted this on b3ta, for their "Brushes with the law" feature. I'll share it here.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I ended up COMPLETELY blootered. Seriously and absolutely minging. We were walking back to a mates house to continue the festivities and I thought it would be a grand idea to kick over one of the plastic warning bars around a gas pipe that was being worked on, just as a copper car was coming past. Cue coppers braking to a halt and reversing. One of my female friends (I couldn’t speak) explained to the policeman that I had just fallen into the bar, to which the copper replied, “If he can pick it back up, we’ll let him off”.

I couldn’t. I was so p'ssed I fell into the hole. I gave it another try, and then sort of muttered “hvsssmmamammsmams” and started staggering off down the road. Mr Policeman was having none of this and promptly nicked me, put me in the back of the car and explained to my friends that I was spending the night in the local cop Hilton. No problem.

I was remarkably calm about all this, until I started accusing the two coppers of nicking my tabs. Of course, I’d smoked the lot before being arrested. They said they hadn’t. I said they had. This escalated until I was *screaming* abuse at them. Once we were in the station and I was being charged, one of the friends I was with previously rang up and explained that he was a trainee solicitor, and could he speak to me. I was put on the phone and started calling the desk sergeant worse that s****, screaming down the phone really, to which he said, “Put the desk sergeant back on please would you?” as it was obvious I was in no state to hold a civil conversation.

Things got worse when I then started accusing them of nicking all my personal belonging’s including a gold ring I got off a grandparent for a 21st birthday. Bundled into the cell, I shouted and hurled abuse whilst sitting on the thin mattress directly opposite the cell door until I passed out appox 2 hours later.

I have to stress here that I was completely out of control. By this time I could walk, but it seemed as if the gin had created a weird bypass of all calm thought and tapped into the primitive anger centre of my brain. I was being an a*******. An utter, utter a*******. I have nothing against the law at all usually, and respect and admire the job they do but this time, I was a dervish.

At 6am I woke up, saw where I was and thought “Oh. HELL. What’s happened here?” Asking for a drink of water I got the “Ohhhh, you’re awake now are you?” in a really sweet and understanding voice.

The crunch to all this? My father has worked in the police force for over 30 years, and is well know to all around the region. As soon as they knew my surname they bunged me up in a cell, but in the morning it was “You aren’t XXXXX’s son are you?” to which they full well knew I was and I had to listen for 45 minutes about how disappointed my father would be, and how he’s so well respected to all, a well liked man in the brotherhood of police etc etc etc. While I was being printed, photographed and cationed.

To top it all off, I got home ready to explain what had happened to dad, and someone from his station had recognised me. And gave him a phone call. And he let me know about how disgusted he was at me.

Somehow, A good kicking would have been so much better.

I have never drank as much gin in my life again…………….
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Heheheheheheh....happy memories!
Thu 08/01/04 at 12:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Light wrote:
> Heheheheheheh....happy memories!

Thought you might comment. :) Accurate enough account without embellishment or exaggeration?
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:01
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Light wrote:
> Heheheheheheh....happy memories!
>
> Thought you might comment. :) Accurate enough account without
> embellishment or exaggeration?

Pretty much understated if anything. Definitely no exaggeration of any kind whatsoever.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:02
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Would you like replys on the evil of drink, or on what we think of the police?

I've got opinons on both. Oh yay.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:07
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
Excellent! What a night. Gin does have a tendancy to make you feel suicidal. I'm guessing you're not an angry person when you're not drinking? I think you should drink that much Gin again, get a mate to record the evening, and the let us watch it!

Did being stuck in a cell all night teach you anything? (apart from drink less Gin and don't be destructive when the Police are watching)

Have you got a girlfriend? Was she there if you do?
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:14
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Sally_UK wrote:
> Excellent! What a night. Gin does have a tendancy to make you feel
> suicidal. I'm guessing you're not an angry person when you're not
> drinking? I think you should drink that much Gin again, get a mate to
> record the evening, and the let us watch it!

Not a chance!
I'm not even an angry person when i AM drinking. It was just this night things went belly up.

> Did being stuck in a cell all night teach you anything? (apart from
> drink less Gin and don't be destructive when the Police are
> watching)

Of course. Its the first time I've spent time in one overnight.
As the old saying goes "Coppers sons are the worst." I was a right little troublemaker when I was younger (in the incident here I was 25, but thats a blip on an otherwise calm horizon) but am a chilled person now.

> Have you got a girlfriend? Was she there if you do?

Hehehhee. I did, and she's my current girlfriend. We broke up a few months after this incident but got back together the start of this year. We live together and share a house now.

If I remember rightly, she was slaughtered at the time too, and her only comment was "Well, there goes my s*** tonight."

Who says romance is dead eh? :)
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> but got back together the start of this year.

LAST year. I haven't got used th this 2004 milarkey yet.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:17
Regular
"relocated"
I like gin. It's of the alcoholic genre 'clear, life-giving spirits' and so it doesn't give me a hangover. And there are so many delicious ways to drink it.

But perhaps I'm missing the point of your cautionary tale.
Thu 08/01/04 at 13:18
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
unknown kernel wrote:
> But perhaps I'm missing the point of your cautionary tale.

Don't drink a full bottle (possibly more, we were in the pub all night drinking trebles) when you are a bit annoyed to start with? ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.