GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"God"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/01/04 at 12:27
Regular
"2 weeks to go..."
How many people here believe in God?

If you do, can you also explain what kind of entity you see God as.

Personally I am an atheist, but I like to hear religous people's views.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:39
"I love yo... lamp."
Yeah, I'm not sure about that one.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:43
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Sally_UK wrote:
> Why did God bother to create a big bang, why didn't he just create
> what he wanted.

Freedom of choice? Perhaps we are nothing more than rats in Gods lab. Perhaps we are nothing AT ALL in the grand scheme of the universe.

Perhaps there is nothing after death, ever think of that?

The only way anybody will find out is once they die, and an afterlife is proven. If there is no afterlife, you'll never know.

Comforting thought eh?
"I love yo... lamp."
I was talking to Pandaemonium there. But I suppose it also applies to your questions.

If he was omnipotent then he would know everything and be all powerful. So the question of how did he know how to create stuff wouldn't really be valid as he would have invented "stuff".

As for born, once again you have to think outside of the constraints of time. As humans we have a beginning and an end, as does everything else in our universe. But something outside of that universe wouldn't be restricted to those laws of time.
Regular
"lets go back"
people are always discovering new things about science. When the electron was discovered it completely changed many majour scientific theories and produced many new ones. The discovery of DNA is another example. We will probably never fully understand everything about the world because it is so complex.
Its these complexities that make me think it is near imposible for it to have all came from nothing. i.e believing in God
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:46
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Geffdof wrote:
>> Its hard to get your head around. You need to realise that God was
> never created, he's just always been there but not for a set lenght
> of time or in a particular place because time and space didnt exist.
> He is outside of the universe so to speak.

I dont think that you can just write off god's birth by saying he is a universal constant.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Geffdof wrote:
> Its these complexities that make me think it is near imposible for it
> to have all came from nothing. i.e believing in God

But why *shouldn't* it be that way? Why should a supposedly all powerful being have snapped it's fingers (or whatever appendage it has) and said "This is the way it will be!"?
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
cookie monster wrote:
> I dont think that you can just write off god's birth by saying he is
> a universal constant.

Why not? Belief is belief. No-one can physically prove that such a being exists.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:53
Regular
"lets go back"
Pandaemonium wrote:

>
> But why *shouldn't* it be that way? Why should a supposedly all
> powerful being have snapped it's fingers (or whatever appendage it
> has) and said "This is the way it will be!"?

You said it yourself, a belief is a belief.
It makes more sense to me that an omnipitent God carefully crafted the world rather than it just all happening by accident. The world is too complex to be an accident.

If you leave the ingredients for a cake lined up in your kitchen with the gas on for an hour then walk back in with a lit match i doubt you will end up with a perfect cake.
Thu 08/01/04 at 15:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Geffdof wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
>
>
> But why *shouldn't* it be that way? Why should a supposedly all
> powerful being have snapped it's fingers (or whatever appendage it
> has) and said "This is the way it will be!"?
>
> You said it yourself, a belief is a belief.
> It makes more sense to me that an omnipitent God carefully crafted
> the world rather than it just all happening by accident. The world
> is too complex to be an accident.
>
> If you leave the ingredients for a cake lined up in your kitchen with
> the gas on for an hour then walk back in with a lit match i doubt you
> will end up with a perfect cake.

But that is thinking in purely human terms. The universe *is*. Its as simple as that. Our life is a mixture of chemical reactions and coincidence. A theory is that life arrived on this planet via a comet. Is God involved in that? If you take it to extremes then the garden of Eden comes into question, and evolution and the like.

I personally do not believe in "God", but do believe there is a force shaping the universe, but it is in NO terms that we can describe adequately.
Thu 08/01/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Well hit on me..."
This is so asking for it...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.