GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Office Christmas Special."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/12/03 at 23:26
"slightlyshortertagl"
Nothing special, really.

Had to force myself to like it at times.

Tomorrow's episode better be good.
Tue 30/12/03 at 00:03
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Goatboy wrote:
> Obviously nobody here, I mean other people.

Ah, subtley done.
Tue 30/12/03 at 14:48
Regular
Friends is brilliant. Just because it's American doesn't mean it can't be far funnier than the godawful Phoenix Nights. And it is. As is Buffy. (Sorry.)
Wed 31/12/03 at 16:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I'm not a massive fan of Phoenix Nights either. It's made me laugh a few times, but nothing I would go out of my way to watch.

And you're right - Buffy is funnier. Best comedy I've ever seen, in fact.
Wed 31/12/03 at 17:29
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I hate Friends so much. Sniggered once in the episodes I've seen, and I think it was more laughter at the amount the Americans laughed at the most insignificant event.

Phoenix Nights is excellent sometimes, but a lot of it is not 'laugh out loud' but things that, granted, get a little chuckle, but thats it.

And his burnt disabled boy. Heh heh :D
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:46
Regular
Absolute genius, Theres no other comment I can give to such a marvelous series. I was in tears for the last 2 specials, They we're so frecking brilliant, I felt saddened by the end of it.

The office aint your average "HAR HAR HAR *cue laugh* HAR HAR" type comedy, it's sublime and witty, and it really shows that Gervais and Merchant have put some attention into making it to a degree of comedy perfection.

Having watched all 14 episodes of the series, I feel sad that it's hit the end of it all, but I agree that making a third would dampen the series. It's like we got to "know" or associate the characters with our own lifes, as if we knew them personally. The whole "Dawn & Tim" scenario was nail bitingly brilliant and, seeing the ending, put an extra smile on my face.

The Office = Brilliance x 2

"Oh thank god, I thought you was my blind date"
Thu 01/01/04 at 18:52
"period drama"
Friends is good. But both Scrubs and MITM beat it into a bloody mush. Will & Grace, however, is painfully wooden and very poor.

But, with the fine exception of Scrubs, most British comedy beats anything American. Spaced, Black Books and Peep Show of recent godliness. And the older ones, of course, Fawlty Towers and Dad's Army both legendry.

All except Only Fools and Horses, which is the worst programme ever. To call it comedy would be an insult to every other show ever created.
I don't like it very much, by the by.
Thu 01/01/04 at 20:46
Regular
"I love J-42"
DAMN IT...

I got Series 1 + 2 for xmas on DVD...finished last two episodes earlier and come on ehre to find out there have been two more specials. Ruined my evening.

Anywya, anyone know if there is going to be a repeat of these episodes? If not I can hope kazaa has them.
Thu 01/01/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I got series 1 and 2 for xmas aswell.
Thu 01/01/04 at 20:53
Regular
"I love J-42"
Did you see the specials?
Thu 01/01/04 at 21:33
Regular
Craziest Col! wrote:
> Did you see the specials?

Why yes, I did thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.